Debate Challenge: Age of the Earth/Universe

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
I would like to challenge Dixie to a formal debate regarding the age of the Earth/Universe. If Dixie agrees, we will iron out the details of the debate and choose an impartial moderator (Damo would be a good choice, IMO).

I'd say get a panel of Moderaters. Me, Damo, Grind. A Buddhist, a Pagan, and an Atheist, all of whom are above reproach in fairness and impartiality.

There is no greater threat to rational thought than the notion that the universe was created less than 10,000 years ago. It is the intellectual equivalent of crashing airplanes into skyscrapers. I intend to put this issue to rest.

There is no greater threat to rational thought than the notion that the universe was created less than 10,000 years ago. It is the intellectual equivalent of crashing airplanes into skyscrapers. I intend to put this issue to rest.

The trouble is that just a few years ago, in your religious phase, you were arguing just the opposite!

dixie doesn't read off topic a lot, so you might want to pm him, or change the title so he knows you are openly challenging him.

If this is supposed to be an intelligent debate, I might lay off the comments like "intellectual equivalent of crashing airplanes into skycrapers," Brent...

Back