Deep thinkers expressing deep thoughts

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
0790432699ad22704c9e767035a04a52b0ba1cee.jpg

“The main mark of modern governments is that we do not know who governs, de facto any more than de jure. We see the politician and not his backer; still less the backer of the backer; or, what is most important of all, the banker of the backer.”

J.R.R. Tolkien

I have a request for those who may want to participate: Quotations with attribution only, if you wish to contribute. They can be pictorial in format (see above), but no cartoons/memes, please. Thank you.

2099ca15ce83054b024ab1f976f83c62ab6d56ba.jpg

“The essence of tyranny is the enforcement of stupid laws..”

Edmund Burke

I have a request for those who may want to participate: Quotations with attribution only, if you wish to contribute. They can be pictorial in format (see above), but no cartoons/memes, please. Thank you.

plato1-2x.jpg

iu

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

Emma Goldman

iu

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.

Noam Chomsky

iu

Vote for the man who promises least; he'll be the least disappointing.

Bernard Baruch

iu

Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

Ambrose Bierce

iu

Turn on to politics, or politics will turn on you.

Ralph Nader

iu

America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration.

Warren Harding

iu

War has rules, mud wrestling has rules - politics has no rules.

Ross Perot

mlkjnrright.jpg

orwell-quote1.jpg

Eric Blair

30ced24237939a9b73afb2a99e60cb60--political-science-political-quotes.jpg

in-politics-the-choice-is-constantly-between-two-evils-quote-1.jpg

Add-a-little-bit-of-body-text-1.jpg

Samuel Clemens​

Political-Quotes-To-learn-who-rules-over-you-simply-find-out-who-you-are-not-allowed-to-criticize-.jpeg

Famous-Quotes-On-Politics-11-1024x536.png

47975440562_55329f7fd2.jpg

adams.png

John Adams​

Passive.jpg

Back