APP - definite evidence of evolution in action

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
this guy was really dumb - i hope that he had not yet reproduced - he probably forgot or did not know that rope stretches when a load is placed on it...see F=M*A in your local physics book

oh well

(Reuters) - A 22-year-old man was killed over the weekend when he slammed into the base of a massive sandstone arch in eastern Utah while trying to swing through the rock formation on a rope, police said on Monday.
Kyle Lee Stocking apparently miscalculated the length of rope he used to swing from the 140-foot Corona Arch near Moab and suffered fatal injuries when he struck the rock on Sunday afternoon, the Grand County Sheriff's Office said in a written statement.
Stocking, of West Jordan, Utah, had hiked to the top of the red sandstone arch with five friends to rig a rope swing, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered by search and rescue teams.
The Salt Lake Tribune newspaper reported that Stocking and his friends might have been copying a stunt popularized by videos posted of the activity on YouTube.
In January, state officials barred outfitters from taking paying clients to the arch over concerns about rope swings, the newspaper reported.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Tim Gaynor and Andre Grenon)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-dies-swinging-massive-sandstone-arch-utah-234315269.html

this guy was really dumb - i hope that he had not yet reproduced - he probably forgot or did not know that rope stretches when a load is placed on it...see F=M*A in your local physics book

oh well

(Reuters) - A 22-year-old man was killed over the weekend when he slammed into the base of a massive sandstone arch in eastern Utah while trying to swing through the rock formation on a rope, police said on Monday.
Kyle Lee Stocking apparently miscalculated the length of rope he used to swing from the 140-foot Corona Arch near Moab and suffered fatal injuries when he struck the rock on Sunday afternoon, the Grand County Sheriff's Office said in a written statement.
Stocking, of West Jordan, Utah, had hiked to the top of the red sandstone arch with five friends to rig a rope swing, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered by search and rescue teams.
The Salt Lake Tribune newspaper reported that Stocking and his friends might have been copying a stunt popularized by videos posted of the activity on YouTube.
In January, state officials barred outfitters from taking paying clients to the arch over concerns about rope swings, the newspaper reported.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Tim Gaynor and Andre Grenon)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-dies-swinging-massive-sandstone-arch-utah-234315269.html

Or it could be evidenc of the poo union run education system. His math skills apparently weren't up to snuff

That's an oversimplified, naive model of evolution that doesn't actually produce optimal results. If you somehow think your serving our species by sitting back and gloating every time someone makes a tragic mistake, you are sorely mistaken.

That's an oversimplified, naive model of evolution that doesn't actually produce optimal results. If you somehow think your serving our species by sitting back and gloating every time someone makes a tragic mistake, you are sorely mistaken.

evidence of lack of thinking before doing something that could have fatal consequences is one way of looking at evolution in action

hopefully the person committing such an act dies before passing on the lack of thought or insufficient planning

also, all actions have consequences, some worse than others, but sometimes it is sheer luck that saves someone from dire consequences

i was one of the lucky and/or did sufficient planning when i attempted or did something foolish

however, a parent that risks their life trying to save one of their children is among the non-foolish

or someone who places their body between war's ravages and their home and family

or for an idea or event...or stands up against what is wrong

it is a case by case decision and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose some or all of your being

the man who killed himself due to insufficient knowledge and/or planning is one example of evolution in action

did you ever do something foolish when you were young and thought that you were made out of steel and bullet proof?

i know that i did, but i was among the lucky ones

now i am father to 4 children and grandfather to 6

Back