Dem Run Congress Matches Historic Low: 18% Approval

yeah and about approx 45% on congress is republicans :D

How was their ratings before the dems took over a slim majority ?

The irony is that the approval rating could sink to 1% and the republicans wouls still have no chance at winning the White House in '08 .. make that no legitimate chance.

21% was the last poll prior to the change over.

funny how it is a "slim majority" when the Dems have it and a "majority" when the Reps have it.

Umm the war has gone so well since the election as well.
But hey at least congress is worse than bush's approval rating.

HaHa, you noticed that too huh?

yeah... prior to the change it was....

"oh, us poor little Dems, we are the minority and can't get anything done... those evil Reps control everything"

now...

"oh, us poor little Dems, we don't have a big enough majority so we can't get anything done.... because those evil Reps... um... wait a minute... no... we control Congress now... both houses... oh yeah.... BUSH is evil! Rove is evil!.... look at them!... not us!"

Butt the repubs has all 3 branches of govt sewed up and fixed nothing, just made a mess that the whiney asses repubs are wanting the dems to fix ;)

Need a few mensans in the white house.

yeah... prior to the change it was....

"oh, us poor little Dems, we are the minority and can't get anything done... those evil Reps control everything"

now...

"oh, us poor little Dems, we don't have a big enough majority so we can't get anything done.... because those evil Reps... um... wait a minute... no... we control Congress now... both houses... oh yeah.... BUSH is evil! Rove is evil!.... look at them!... not us!"

Apparently Superfreak is unfamiliar with the filibuster, how often the Republicans use the filibuster and the concept of the veto.

Someone should take remedial civics.

Having said that, if I were polled about whether I approved of disapproved of Congress I would fall squarely in the disapprove category.

Apparently Superfreak is unfamiliar with the filibuster, how often the Republicans use the filibuster and the concept of the veto.

Having said that, if I were polled about whether I approved of disapproved of Congress I would fall squarely in the disapprove category.

Did the Democrats not have the same fillibuster options available to them from 2000 - 2006?

Yes. Should I assume you have a point or were you simply asking a question?

A. I was asking the question because while I assumed they did I wanted to verify in case I was wrong

B. When the Democrats were the minority they had the same option the Republicans do now of using the fillibuster (or the threat of).

It is consistent with SF's point.

Someone instead should take a reality course, what has Bush vetoed? 2 bills, Reagan vetoed 23 in his first 3 years alone.
Bush has worked with Liberals, be it on adopting Ted Kennedy's largest ever spending increase to education or adopting the Liberal Democrat "idea" of government drug coverage.

As for filibusters, I think the Republicans theatened one this year and did zero. The Dems on the other hand, filibustered so much that Repubs threatened to eliminate allowing filibusters on judicial nominees (I'm glad they didn't).

Take a seat junior.

This is not the 80's, there are WAY more Liberal Republicans in power now than Conservative Democrats. The left has fuck all to complain about.

Back