"Democrats are Legislating Defeat in Iraq"

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
That was a "news" headline, on Fox News this morning.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/26/open-thread-fair-or-balanced/

Anyone who claims Fox isn't strictly an arm of the republican party, can STFU now. ;) I'm glad the Dems bailed on Fox for the Nevada debate. There's nothing remotely fair and balanced about Fox. There's no comparison to PBS or CBS. Those networks would never put a headline like that, on their screen crawl.

And somebody recently posted a stat, that Fox viewers in 2004, voted 88% for Bush, and 7% for kerry. That's a higher ratio than for NRA members, or Christian evangelicals. So the spin that Fox news and its fans put forth, that Dems would be reaching new "potential voters" through the fox network, is laughable at best.

I can say I'd have had to actually see it, it would be far too easy to photoshop whatever you want it to say into a screenshot.

I suppose I could watch fox news for a day to see if I can see anything like that but why would I subject myself to such agony?

I can say I'd have had to actually see it, it would be far too easy to photoshop whatever you want it to say into a screenshot.

Crooksandliars, believe it or not, is a legit site. I've never seen them accused of phony shots on anything.

Of course you Damo, are just the kind of guy who would think that bushisalyingsackofshit.com is a biased site.

No but really, their name aside, they're legit.

I suppose I could watch fox news for a day to see if I can see anything like that but why would I subject myself to such agony?

Yeah, really. I know liberals who watch them ,because they feel you should keep abreast of what the bush adminstration's propoganda machine is up to and FOX news is the best place to go to find out. But I dont have the stomach for it myself.

Yeah, really. I know liberals who watch them ,because they feel you should keep abreast of what the bush adminstration's propoganda machine is up to and FOX news is the best place to go to find out.

But I dont have the stomach for it myself.

But, you're missing out on some comedy gold, if you don't watch it.

Who can forget such comedy classics as:

-"If we don't find WMD, I'll never trust President Bush again!" -Bill O'Reilly, February 2003

-"Democrats were on the wrong side of history on Iraq! Mission accomplished!" -- Sean Hannity, May 2003

-"But Valerie Plame's CIA affiliation was well known on the DC cocktail party circuit!" -- Brit Hume, November 2004

I'm telling you Darla, you're missing out on some pure comedy gold!

:pke:

Democrats are... just as evil as Republicans. God save us!

Party, or the lack there of, does not make a difference.

But, tell me, how are they legislating defeat in Iraq? Didn't we just hear straight from the horse's mouth that we could not win militarily? And isn't that the fault of our ever-loving CinC? Well, some have said it is the fault of his sidekick who really does have the reigns, but it seems to me that the shit stops at the Oval Office desk. Seems to me like President Bush set the wheels of defeat into motion, not the Senate Democrats nor their cohorts in the House of Representatives.

It is obvious we have not learned from our mistakes in Viet Nam. Will we learn from our mistakes in Iraq?

We should be fighting against those who declared war on us, not the people of Iraq. While in the meantime, the bastards who knocked down the World Trade Center sit in some damned cave somewhere on the face of the earth laughing their F'ing heads off at us.

Immie

Demoncrats and Rebutlikens alike leglislated failure in Iraq when they authorized Bush to invade that country.

Crooksandliars, believe it or not, is a legit site. I've never seen them accused of phony shots on anything.

Of course you Damo, are just the kind of guy who would think that bushisalyingsackofshit.com is a biased site.

No but really, their name aside, they're legit.
Yeah, it must be the partisan in me that makes me think that way...

:D

I have no doubt its real
It may be. It also could depend on context. Which show was running at the time? Was it an editorial show? What exactly was being said and by whom?

There are more questions than answers that such a thing would give me.

I don't usually watch Fox because most of the time they run editorial shows rather than informational shows. I prefer to form an opinion on my own.

Back