Dems need to use common "cents" while flexing their muscles

klaatu

Fusionist
During their first 100 days back in Congressional Power ...the Dems plan to make a loud statment... at the top of their agenda they are targeting Big Oil and Energy. On one hand I am happy that they want to open up Tax Incentives and Credits for Alternative/Renewable Energies.. I am a huge advocate of a fast track program that will get us closer to this all important goal of Clean and Efficient power.

On the other hand they seem to have some kind of vendetta in place. Lets go after Big Oil because they are unpopular right now and we can get away with it. So the plan is to remove Tax Incentives, Raise their Taxes by way of a reworking of 1998-99 drilling leases ... that will force Big Oil to hand over nearly a billion more dollars to the Government in Royalties. Im not shedding tears for Big Oil because they have been making huge profits over the past half decade ... my concern is the Democrats getting overly aggressive much too fast ... which could result in inflation and recession.

We still need oil.. and we need Big Oil to research and develop new drilling area's. We have a long ways to go before we can even begin to think we can slap these good 'ol boys around with the attitude that they are no longer the only game in town. In a blink of an eye ... The Price of Oil can cripple our economy.

There is a gang land mentality within the Democratic Party to after Big Oil ... this is stupid and demonstrates a lack of common sense on how our economy works.

We can do both .... we can incrementally increase Oil lease royalties(taxes), still allow for incentive to R&D other drilling options and provide enough incentive to make investing in Alternative Energies an attractive option. The Dems need to rid themselves of the Mob with a hangman's noose mentality and replace it with a work smart mentality. There is delicate balance of power going on here

i believe it is inevitable that the price of oil will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, no matter what we do, it is going to go up to the $100 a barrel....just by the inrease in new chinese automobile owners...let alone the oil china will be using for their ever increasing manufacturing....

care

So Klaatu, you think that the oil companies should drill for and pump oil for free on federal land ?

So Klaatu, you think that the oil companies should drill for and pump oil for free on federal land ?

Did I say that? What did I say ... "We can do both .... we can incrementally increase Oil lease royalties(taxes), still allow for incentive to R&D other drilling options and provide enough incentive to make investing in Alternative Energies an attractive option."

Was just watching on the Nightly business Report about shell pulling out of our 5th larges supplier of oil and more companies are expected to follow. the analyst questioned said this would bring about nera $100/bbl oil...
You guess which country.

Was just watching on the Nightly business Report about shell pulling out of our 5th larges supplier of oil and more companies are expected to follow. the analyst questioned said this would bring about nera $100/bbl oil...
You guess which country.

Case in point ....

I just love all these
Please be kind to us poor Republicans, you big bad evil demoncrats threads :D

Seems like you Democrats only think in two's ... Dems and Pubs ... whenever someone is critical of the Dems... it must be a Pub.

Seems like you Democrats only think in two's ... Dems and Pubs ... whenever someone is critical of the Dems... it must be a Pub.

Darn, you stole my next line :)

Sorry but that is the way I have been reading some of the posts over the last month.

Some of us are harder to catalog than others, there is a scattering on here and few hard party liners. Now a couple of years ago there were lots more hard party liners for some reason though ;)

Back