Dessert wasteland

• Thread starter Thread starter TRGLDTE
  • Start date Start date
Dessert Waistland? Because desserts make my waistland grow.

Twinkies? Nah, got to go for the gusto.

Give me a good tiramiso

Or a new found delight called Baclava Cheesecake

Or the old southern classic of peach cobbler.

Ok, time for breakfast

Give me a good tiramiso

Ok, time for breakfast

This makes me want Cheesecake Factory date! :cool:

Oh it's such a fall! Problem is how many hours of walking or swimming to break even. :eek: Still it's worth it once in awhile. ;)

If I am going to be working out anyway, why not have some pleasures in between.

I don't drink much anymore, don't get high anymore, don't chase women anymore (other than harmless flirting), and I don't gamble.

I need at least one vice to enjoy. Fine food happens to be my vice.

If I am going to be working out anyway, why not have some pleasures in between.

I don't drink much anymore, don't get high anymore, don't chase women anymore (other than harmless flirting), and I don't gamble.

I need at least one vice to enjoy. Fine food happens to be my vice.

better for your health to have a drinking and weed smoking vice then an eating vice. Think about that.

better for your health to have a drinking and weed smoking vice then an eating vice. Think about that.

Well, weed smoking pretty much involves eating anyway. But smoking weed would mean I would eventually lose my job. And that is never good for your health.

As for drinking, I do imbibe occasionally. The plus about drinking far less is that I can drink far better things and still not break the budget.

An occasional good wine, nice dark lager, or shot of Patron is better than cases of budweiser.

Give me a good tiramiso

Ok, time for breakfast

Baclava cheesecake??? Where would such a wonder exist??

And try Don Julio next time instead of that Patron ;)

Baclava cheesecake??? Where would such a wonder exist??

And try Don Julio next time instead of that Patron ;)

It exists in a small cafe/bakery in Chattanooga TN.

The downside is the cost. Its $6 for a slice.

The upside is the size of the slice. I bought a piece on Monday, ate a little in Chatt., then brought the rest back to Atlanta and had it for dessert for 3 nights.

One layer of baclava, a layer of some sort of slightly gooey cake, a thick layer of cheesecake, and another layer of baclava.

The cake stands about 8 or 9 inches tall and is a good 10 or 12 inches wide.

A delectable concoction.

I love Don Julio! I'm also a fan of Cabo Wabo. But Patron is widely available. I haven't seen Don Julio except in Texas. But I had a grand time with it in Houston and in San Antonio. (gotta have fun on those business trips)

It exists in a small cafe/bakery in Chattanooga TN.

The downside is the cost. Its $6 for a slice.

The upside is the size of the slice. I bought a piece on Monday, ate a little in Chatt., then brought the rest back to Atlanta and had it for dessert for 3 nights.

One layer of baclava, a layer of some sort of slightly gooey cake, a thick layer of cheesecake, and another layer of baclava.

The cake stands about 8 or 9 inches tall and is a good 10 or 12 inches wide.

A delectable concoction.

I love Don Julio! I'm also a fan of Cabo Wabo. But Patron is widely available. I haven't seen Don Julio except in Texas. But I had a grand time with it in Houston and in San Antonio. (gotta have fun on those business trips)

Well that's just tragic (both the cheesecake not available to me and the DJ for you)!! I was able to get my husband a bottle of it for fathers day on sale for $39.

hmm now I am thinking about what that delectable concoction would be like together.

Well that's just tragic (both the cheesecake not available to me and the DJ for you)!! I was able to get my husband a bottle of it for fathers day on sale for $39.

hmm now I am thinking about what that delectable concoction would be like together.

Ok, so how about this. When I eat the baclava cheesecake I will have extra for you, and you can do a shots of Don Julio for me.

It still won't be fair, but I'll be fat and you'll be drunk. That way we can provide comic relief for those around us.

Ok, so how about this. When I eat the baclava cheesecake I will have extra for you, and you can do a shots of Don Julio for me.

It still won't be fair, but I'll be fat and you'll be drunk. That way we can provide comic relief for those around us.

Perfect!!! Though it seems as if I am getting the better end of that deal. Oh well...not going to look a gift horse in the mouth :)

:clink:

Meg

As delicious as the baclava cheesecake is, when we went back I had to try something else.

My wife reports (and my taste seconds it) that their strawberry cheesecake is heavenly.

I had their Seven Sins Chocolate cake. Seven layers, each with a different kind of chocolate. If you are a fan of chocolate, this may be straight from heaven.

Meg

As delicious as the baclava cheesecake is, when we went back I had to try something else.

My wife reports (and my taste seconds it) that their strawberry cheesecake is heavenly.

I had their Seven Sins Chocolate cake. Seven layers, each with a different kind of chocolate. If you are a fan of chocolate, this may be straight from heaven.

Now that just makes this Special K I am eating VERY unsatisfactory. :p

Yes I happen to be a HUGE fan of chocolate.

Back