Dickey Betts in critical condition after accident at his Sarasota County home

anatta

100% recycled karma
Ramblin’ Man’ singer-songwriter, founding Allman Brothers Band guitarist with deep ties to Southwest Florida to undergo brain surgery

SARASOTA COUNTY — Dickey Betts has been hospitalized after a freak accident at his home.

Betts, the “Ramblin’ Man” singer-songwriter and founding Allman Brothers Band guitarist, went out to his backyard on Little Sarasota Bay, and while playing with the family dog, slipped and cracked his head, causing bleeding in his brain.

Betts has been sedated at an undisclosed local hospital following the accident that occurred Monday evening at the Osprey home he shares with wife, Donna.

David Spero, Betts’ longtime friend and manager, said the beloved rock legend is listed “in critical but stable condition.”

ast month, Betts suffered a mild stroke at his Sarasota home and had to cancel upcoming tour dates. A week later, Spero announced Betts was responding “very well to treatment” and on Sept. 14 posted to Betts’ social media pages that, “Dickey Betts is raring to go. His recovery from his minor stroke is ahead of schedule and he has already started playing his guitar again.”

Now, though, Betts’ family, friends and bandmates are focusing their attention on Betts regaining his health, with upcoming November shows, including Nov. 5 at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, indefinitely postponed.

“It was just a few days ago that Dickey was telling me how excited he was to get back in front of the fans on Nov. 1,” Spero said. “It is very unfortunate, for all involved, that we need to cancel those shows. Please add Dickey into your thoughts and prayers. I’ll keep everyone updated on his expected progress.”

I can't take any more of this. almost a year since Tom Petty dies.
Then Fleetwood Mac destroys itself by firing Lindsey Buckingham

So I'm thinking "at least Dickie Betts is still doing Ok and touring".

Long Live Rock - Rock and Roll is dead

Back