Dixie chick drive 5 nails in Bush's coffin

uscitizen

Villified User
Hmm 5 grammys for those commie unamerican Dixie chicks ? Another sure sign of Bush's fall from grace is accelerating.

this makes me chuckle evertime I think about it.
I still remember the Repubs gloating over the dixie Chicks temportary fall from grace for critisizing Bush. Who has the last gloat ?

I don't care. They changed their style to a new listening group and refound success. Personally I think they blundered by directly insulting their particular audience, but they rebounded well by changing up, by reacting to the change.

I also think it shows that those voting at those awards are very specific in their politics. I thought the Grammies were supposed to be above such things...

Regardless, I personally could not care less that they are successful. I didn't like them as country singers, I don't like them as this mix of country/rock, I don't think I'll ever like them.

I kind of wish I did like them. but i'm glad they won all the grammies they did.

I don't recall the Chicks directly insulting their audience. I thought they insulted President Bush.

But its possible that, like Dixie, cons are in love with and emotionally attached to the man in tight blue jeans, and consider an insult on him to be an insult on themselves.

I don't recall the Chicks directly insulting their audience. I thought they insulted President Bush.

But its possible that, like Dixie, cons are in love with and emotionally attached to the man in tight blue jeans, and consider an insult on him to be an insult on themselves.
I agree. The whole "insulting their audience" thing was completely silly.

Just another example of the American conservative's inability to think for himself. :D

this makes me chuckle evertime I think about it.
I still remember the Repubs gloating over the dixie Chicks temportary fall from grace for critisizing Bush. Who has the last gloat ?
Like an award based on politics, rather than skill, is worth celebrating and gloating over?

This sets the stage for the Oscars... Gore will win the two he is nominated for ... its a given ....

But who's surprised? Really... it is no secret that the Entertainment biz is anti Bush ... and history is proving in this one area of politics that they have been correct in their reasoning.

Yep libs have the entertainment segment, and cons have the news media.

I dunno, I just saw about a new military channel coming out.
I sure Hope Rush is not on there.

Yep libs have the entertainment segment, and cons have the news media.

I dunno, I just saw about a new military channel coming out.
I sure Hope Rush is not on there.

The Cons have the News Media? What are you smoking? Aside from Fox News and The Washington Times... Where do the Cons have the News Media? Oh...Radio Talk ... but thats not News Media ..thats Entertainment...

The Cons have the News Media? What are you smoking? Aside from Fox News and The Washington Times... Where do the Cons have the News Media? Oh...Radio Talk ... but thats not News Media ..thats Entertainment...

I stand by my statement.

Aside from Fox News and The Washington Times... Where do the Cons have the News Media?

Wall Street Journal, Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, Chicago Sun-times, etc.

I'd also put CNN and MSNBC in as con leaning: they have multiple shows dedicated to conservative pundits (Glenn Beck, Tucker Carlson, Joe Scarborough), and not one signle show featuring a liberal host riding solo - except Olbermann.

Back