APP - Do undocumented workers deserve minimum wage protection

Do undocumented workers deserve minimum wage protection?

• Yes. Federal law covers illegal workers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Federal law covers only legal workers

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yes. States may make laws that supercede federal laws

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sure. But I also agree that they deserve to be forcibly repatriated to their country of origin. What I do not agree with is the money spent by the Department of Labor for this PSA.

If the Federal government were doing its job this would be a moot point, but they are purposefully ignoring their established duty so that a few can benefit. Federal law covers illegals in this manner only in the fact that it says you cannot hire them while giving you no credible means to verify.

They do not fall under our laws, as they do not belong in the country. I hate that so many are able to exploit those coming here to earn money to improve their lives and those of their families. It's a form of slavery, perpetuated by our lack of control of borders.

They do not fall under our laws, as they do not belong in the country. I hate that so many are able to exploit those coming here to earn money to improve their lives and those of their families. It's a form of slavery, perpetuated by our lack of control of borders.

wrong....the minimum wage law regulates wages, not persons.....

I think we should pass laws specifically stating that they must be paid minimum wage, so that when we catch businesses, we have another legal action to slap them accross the face with.

I think we should pass laws specifically stating that they must be paid minimum wage, so that when we catch businesses, we have another legal action to slap them accross the face with.

we already have laws that state they must be paid a minimum wage......

Presumably, if they aren't being paid Minimum Wage, those who hired them fully understood that they were hiring illegals, it should be cause for more direct action against the management who hired them.

Presumably, if they aren't being paid Minimum Wage, those who hired them fully understood that they were hiring illegals, it should be cause for more direct action against the management who hired them.

how much do you think it would cost to enforce our immigration laws and would the citizens that decry the illegals be willing to pay for the enforcement along with the rest of us

on a sidenote, I was talking to a client yesterday about a problem she was having with a tenant and she said she was tired.....she said the company had her on 12 hour shifts....I said, "four days a week?", she said no, seven.......my jaw dropped.....I asked her how long that had been going on, she said for the last six years......I gave her the number of a friend who specializes in labor law.....

how much do you think it would cost to enforce our immigration laws and would the citizens that decry the illegals be willing to pay for the enforcement along with the rest of us
Not nearly as much as it is costing us to run the Census. Currently we have about 6,000 border patrol agents, half of which work in customs rather than actually doing something about illegal immigrants. That is egregious underfunding and a deliberate attempt to force failure by the past, and current, Administrations. It's sick.

I'm a little confused. Where do you get the impression that those of us who want immigration enforcement whine about the cost of the enforcement?

That right there is a total strawman. Tea party/conservatives want effective use of government dollars. How would enforcement not fall into the category of effective use of tax dollars?

Your argument is twice as stupid as I had originally thought.

What's the deal with liberals? why can't they make honest arguments?

Back