Do we need more threads about British things?

• Total voters

I like the off topic forum, but seems like it is a place for someone to post anti-British threads.

One could start a thread about the barbarian practice of killing each other at soccer games. (That's football to you Tom)

Real Madrid and Paris St. Germaine are playing a match here in Cowtown at the Shoe at OSU later this summer. It would be hilarious if any soccer hooligans showed up for that.

Real Madrid and Paris St. Germaine are playing a match here in Cowtown at the Shoe at OSU later this summer. It would be hilarious if any soccer hooligans showed up for that.

Those clubs don't have hooligans, indeed hooliganism was stamped out in the UK decades ago. Unfortunately the French are monumentally stupid and here is just one example!!

I am not sure what kind of coverage the Euro 2016 gets over there but this is fresh in!! The Russians have been told that they'll be kicked out if there is any more trouble!!

BREAKING NEWS: Russian 'ultras' attack English and Welsh fans in Lille as 'hyper violent' thugs ignore UEFA threat to ban their country from Euro 2016

• Russian fans have reportedly attacked English and Welsh fans in Lille
  • Came after Russia was threatened with being thrown out of the competition
  • UEFA imposed sanction after violent scenes in Marseille's Stade Velodrome
  • But the country's sports minister described the punishment as 'excessive'

35460ECA00000578-3641415-image-a-24_1465925332280.jpg

One masked Russian fan wore a t-shirt with the words 'Tour de France' and 'f**k Euro 2016 on the front - complete with a map of the host nation

3545E1E600000578-3641415-image-a-11_1465924223910.jpg

Witnesses said a group of Russians appeared to provoke English fans who were in a bar near Lille's central train station before chairs were launched through the air

Those clubs don't have hooligans, indeed hooliganism was stamped out in the UK decades ago. Unfortunately the French are monumentally stupid and here is just one example!!

I can assure you if they tried that over here there would promptly be a battalion of police and security personal perfectly prepared and capable of beating in the heads of every person in that section and, in necessary, willing to find them a not so nice home for the night. The Cops don't play games about that shit over here and people know it...so they play nice. :)

I can assure you if they tried that over here there would promptly be a battalion of police and security personal perfectly prepared and capable of beating in the heads of every person in that section and, in necessary, willing to find them a not so nice home for the night. The Cops don't play games about that shit over here and people know it...so they play nice. :)

Our police carry guns.

I don't know why the French haven't used the CRS, because those guys don't fuck around!

Sorry, I've watched too many episodes of Agatha Christie mysteries, Jeeves & Wooster, and a myriad of other British television too eschew the term, personally. Is it still in common use in modern English society, or do people just say "fuckers," "wankers," and "cunts" when referring to London's finest?

Sorry, I've watched too many episodes of Agatha Christie mysteries, Jeeves & Wooster, and a myriad of other British television too eschew the term, personally. Is it still in common use in modern English society, or do people just say "fuckers," "wankers," and "cunts" when referring to London's finest?

Yes those terms are indeed used with gay abandon on occasion. There are many terms for police, some are archaic, including rozzers, peelers, woodentops, the plod, the fuzz, the filth, Old Bill and coppers.

Yes those terms are indeed used with gay abandon on occasion. There are many terms for police, some are archaic, including rozzers, peelers, woodentops, the plod, the fuzz, the filth, Old Bill and coppers.

Yes, we used "coppers" for many decades here, which is why "cops" is one of the most commonly used names.

Peelers, rozzers and bobbies all come from Sir Robert Peel's name.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

I hadn't noticed the connection with the other two, but, that's how I was introduced to Peel in history class - by way of mentioning his police force.

Back