Do you know your Bill of Rights?

Practical

Verified User
What they are? What they say? What they mean? For your wayback pleasure, ThePodocasts presents to you 'The Bill of Rights' part 1!

The only rights enumerated in the Constitution are not really rights of the people but a prohibition on government from making laws that infringe on those rights. The exception is when the right of an individual is outweighed by the public harm that would be caused by that individuals exercise of that right. There are limits on every single right you have. The government can forbid hate speech, inflammatory speech designed to incite, speech that would cause public panic. There are also limits on your right to bear arms, and those limits are articulated in British common law and interpreted by the courts. Your right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited.

Sorry, not going to fall for your click bait. If you want to discuss something on a message board, discuss it on the message board. Sorry, you are not going to be the next Alex Jones.

The only rights enumerated in the Constitution are not really rights of the people but a prohibition on government from making laws that infringe on those rights. The exception is when the right of an individual is outweighed by the public harm that would be caused by that individuals exercise of that right. There are limits on every single right you have. The government can forbid hate speech, inflammatory speech designed to incite, speech that would cause public panic. There are also limits on your right to bear arms, and those limits are articulated in British common law and interpreted by the courts. Your right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited.

Sorry, not going to fall for your click bait. If you want to discuss something on a message board, discuss it on the message board. Sorry, you are not going to be the next Alex Jones.

You folks always seem to go to the 1A and the 2A. Why don't you ever mention the 9th and 10th? If you aren't sure what they say, video above sir =)

You folks always seem to go to the 1A and the 2A. Why don't you ever mention the 9th and 10th? If you aren't sure what they say, video above sir =)

Because they don't matter. Courts are ultimately arms the of the State and the objective of the State is their highest priority.

Correct, no Constitutional right is, nor has ever been, absolute, they are all regulated

Correct, no Constitutional right is, nor has ever been, absolute, they are all regulated

Ah, I see. My misunderstanding then. Can you show me where it states that rights as written are more or less guidelines and shall be regulated by the state? Or is this just a general understanding thing that everyone knows but me?

Ah, I see. My misunderstanding then. Can you show me where it states that rights as written are more or less guidelines and shall be regulated by the state? Or is this just a general understanding thing that everyone knows but me?

The whole Constitution is a guideline, a framework, not intransigent stuck in 1788, besides, common sense dictates no right is absolute, everyone from Locke, to Rousseau to the Founding Fathers understood that human appetites may interfere with the rights of others, and that some form of state sovereignty is necessary.

Not sure how many times I need to repeat this, but I am not here to watch your idiotic videos. If you have a comment, type it out. You do know how to spell, don't you? Make your points. Stop coming here for clicks.

Back