Does the value of currency effect stock prices ?

uscitizen

Villified User
I guess my real question is if say the euro is up does that make euro based companies stock tend to go up ?
I know there are other factors involved. Ie if they depend on exports to the UAS and such. but in general are the stock prices affected like oil ?
asking someone serious not slick spinner.

It seems it to me it's probably a complex question. And like you mentioned, it probably depends on their business model and how it's setup and how the currency change effect their model. Like you said. If they are set up to manufacture in china and sell in the US and the buying power stops, they can't reverse those setups overnight.

Please. We need more wild speculation and uninformed opinion on this. Give it up, people.

Yeah but does not the owned assets of the foreign company go up if the currency base where it is physically based go up ?

Yes it is very complicated, but that does not prevent someone from understanding a little about it.

Yeah but does not the owned assets of the foreign company go up if the currency base where it is physically based go up ?

Yes it is very complicated, but that does not prevent someone from understanding a little about it.

Im not against understanding more. I'm just saying it's complex. With companies, the model is the thing.

If you are investing, you are correct AHZ. If you are just trying to understand world economics..well that is a bit more generalized.

Back