Dog Show this Weekend

Thorn

The big annual Eukanuba Dog Show (held in December, I believe) will be aired on Animal Planet at 8 p.m. ET (7 Central) on Saturday. I know that at least two or three people here would be interested in this.

The commentary is generally pretty good, and fairly informative about the individual breeds. One of my friends, a professional handler, was profiled a couple of years ago as well. I do like to see the different breeds and learn a bit about their histories. I also prefer Animal Planet's coverage because they show all the dogs that represent their breeds in each group.

Next Saturday (Feb. 7th) -- or maybe it's Sunday the 8th -- Animal Planet will air the Agility portion of that event. That's the part I'll be watching avidly!

The big annual Eukanuba Dog Show (held in December, I believe) will be aired on Animal Planet at 8 p.m. ET (7 Central) on Saturday. I know that at least two or three people here would be interested in this.

The commentary is generally pretty good, and fairly informative about the individual breeds. One of my friends, a professional handler, was profiled a couple of years ago as well. I do like to see the different breeds and learn a bit about their histories. I also prefer Animal Planet's coverage because they show all the dogs that represent their breeds in each group.

Next Saturday (Feb. 7th) -- or maybe it's Sunday the 8th -- Animal Planet will air the Agility portion of that event. That's the part I'll be watching avidly!

I was working in Tampa FL a few years ago when they had Eukanuba Show there.

I was renting a house at an RV park. And amazing number of people showed up and stayed at the RV park with their dogs.

The Newfoundland that won the next year was at the park. I got to play with the big beast. Great dog. His owner had a wagon and harness for him. I would see them going to do laundry or buy food ect, with the man walking the dog and the dog towing the wagon.

There were two people with boxers that let me play with them. And I got to talk to and meet numerous other breeds. I was in heaven.

I remember Josh! He was beautiful, wasn't he! Dog people can be really great, and it's clear that they really love their dogs, too.

I love to watch the show. I always go to the shelter and get my dogs, so I don't own show dogs, but my daughter just got a little shiba inu and he is fabulous!

I love to watch the show. I always go to the shelter and get my dogs, so I don't own show dogs, but my daughter just got a little shiba inu and he is fabulous!

I lived with a woman who had a retired show boxer. I think that dog loved me more than my Mom loved me. Great dog.

Its sad when you break up with someone and miss their pets more than you miss them. lol

My dogs since have all been rescues until this little monster we got my wife for xmas.

The boys will have the fight on.

Ill have to sneak up stairs for a minute to watch.

Thanks Thorn.

The boys will have the fight on.

Ill have to sneak up stairs for a minute to watch.

Thanks Thorn.

I may be asked to turn in my Man Card for saying this, but send them upstairs and you watch the Dog Show.

Which one was the Canadian dog?

There were several; the pointer that one was American, though, I think. :D It was good to see all the different breeds and I liked the way they presented the names, including registered names, and handlers this year. It seemed to go by way too fast, though.

I saw several parts of the show. And yes it seemed better than last year, but was rushed a bit on the editing floor I think.

i had a boxer and they are like humans. NIGHT and DAY when compared to my boring lab now. Hard bread to train and very energetic but the personality is incredible.

i had a boxer and they are like humans. NIGHT and DAY when compared to my boring lab now. Hard bread to train and very energetic but the personality is incredible.

I have been saying "My next dog will be a boxer" since I met my wife in 2001.

We have had 4 dogs (including the little beast we have now) in that time. And I am still waiting for my boxer. lol

yah mine died from cancer at age 5. was probably top ten for most wretched day of my life putting him down. I had him perfectly trained as well.

i will get another one when my lab is like 6 or 7 probably. Hes almost 3 now.

yah mine died from cancer at age 5. was probably top ten for most wretched day of my life putting him down. I had him perfectly trained as well.

i will get another one when my lab is like 6 or 7 probably. Hes almost 3 now.

Putting a dog down is a miserable thing. I put my golden retriever down after having him for 5 years. He travelled with me. It was probably one of my top 10 worst days too.

The boxer I had (by virtue of living with her owner) was a great old dog. She was grown when I met her. She also had tumors that eventually killed her. The tumors pushed most of her teeth out, so we had to make her food. Chicken & Rice with some additives kept her smiling and happy.

There was an old recliner in the living room that was hers. If someone was sitting in it she would stare at them for about 10 mins, waiting for them to move. If they didn't she would sneeze on them until they got up.

She could also release the most horrible gas. The smell was terrible, but it was the burning in your eyes that made it unbearable.

She would even walk into the spare bedroom I used as an office and stand there looking at me. Then walk off. It took a few times before I realized that she didn't want to pollute the air in the living room.

Back