Donald Trump loses legal fight over using Eddy Grant song without permission

Hume

Verified User
Donald Trump has lost a legal battle with the singer Eddy Grant over using his 1983 song Electric Avenue in a 2020 ad without permission.

The 40-second clip – an animation of Joe Biden travelling in a railroad cart while a Trump-Pence campaign train passes at high speed – was viewed more than 13.7m times on Twitter before it was removed, according to Grant’s lawsuit.

Donald Trump has lost a legal battle with the singer Eddy Grant over using his 1983 song Electric Avenue in a 2020 ad without permission.

The 40-second clip – an animation of Joe Biden travelling in a railroad cart while a Trump-Pence campaign train passes at high speed – was viewed more than 13.7m times on Twitter before it was removed, according to Grant’s lawsuit.

It served it's purpose 13.7m times over. Back to obscurity for an asinine song

Glad to hear this. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Oh, no...she should just shake it off...;)
Eddy Grant is a he, not a she.

When caught in copyright infringement, it is a very bad idea to go on and on about how much you profited from the copyright infringement. I am just saying.

Eddy Grant is a he, not a she.

When caught in copyright infringement, it is a very bad idea to go on and on about how much you profited from the copyright infringement. I am just saying.
Then he should just shake it off...

Trump has been using singers' material since he came down the escalator. He uses it until they take him to court. Then he steals someone else's song.

Then he should just shake it off...
trump takes Grant's property for trump's use, without paying Grant, and you say Grant should just "shake it off"? It is not a minor possession either. This is the most valuable property Grant ever made, and it was made by him alone. This is something taken from his heart.

How do you think trump would feel if I took mar-a-lardo for my use one weekend? And remember, trump did not make mar-a-lardo, he just bought it.

I find the alt right is big on giving away other people's possessions.

Back