Don't think authoritarian government can happen here? Think again....

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
The evidence is mounting that the Justice Departement was turned into an arm of the Republican Party. And used overwhelmingly to go after Democratic politicians

“We have a Justice Department that has substantially been turned into a political arm of the White House,” Bruce Fein told the McClatchy Newspapers earlier this week. He went on to say that the public could have no confidence that federal prosecutions of Democrats by the Justice Department were fair." -- BRUCE FEIN, former Reagan Deputy Attorney General

Mr. Fein is a conservative Republican lawyer and legal scholar of some note–the former senior legal analyst at the Heritage Foundation. As the Deputy Attorney General, he was responsible for the operational management of the Justice Department under President Ronald Reagan. Bruce Fein would not make such a charge lightly. He is speaking from knowledge, not conjecture.

His accusations rest on a growing body of evidence. Two professors at the University of Minnesota looked at the Bush Justice Department’s prosecution of cases involving political figures. It showed seven prosecutions of Democrats for every one Republican. These prosecutions are coordinated and directed by the Public Integrity Unit, a group now under suspicion of being the single most politicized part of the Justice Department.

Under the direction of the White House, and particularly Karl Rove, the Justice Department undertook a series of prosecutions designed to undermine the positions of elected Democratic officeholders and help the Republican Party take their positions.

http://harpers.org/archive/2007/06/hbc-90000351[/quote]

And here's an interesting case study, involving the recently convicted Democratic Govenor of Alabama. While Scooter gets a get out of free jail card, Prosecutors are asking for 30 years in jail, for charges that may have been trumped up...and a gross miscarriage of justice occured:

http://harpers.org/archive/2007/06/hbc-90000351

I see very little evidence that Bush is willing to change his mind and decide to follow the law when he's asked to leave office in 2009.

Even if they can't prove it at all, a prosecution from the justice department kills you in the polls. A rather Machaivelian strategy from Mr. CheneyBush

The Patriot Act, and some of the anti-terror measures are draconian enough. . . sure an authoritative government can happen here!

The Patriot Act, and some of the anti-terror measures are draconian enough. . . sure an authoritative government can happen here!

Hello Beautiful. Convert to Jack (Daniels) Pizza Religion and then we are talking sister. God bless you and your body (oh yeah, your mind too).

Much love,
Cawacko

Hello Beautiful. Convert to Jack (Daniels) Pizza Religion and then we are talking sister. God bless you and your body (oh yeah, your mind too).

Much love,
Cawacko

God Bless my body?? Thanks, but I doubt I'm your type. . . ;)

LOL!!!!! That sure was funny. . .

Jack Daniels, nah, I'll stick to the Tsingtao beer. ;-)

Thanks for the welcome though!

God Bless my body?? Thanks, but I doubt I'm your type. . . ;)

LOL!!!!! That sure was funny. . .

Jack Daniels, nah, I'll stick to the Tsingtao beer. ;-)

Thanks for the welcome though!

hello there.-- Long time no See/speak/hear

Much love,
Cawacko

This is fabulous! I think it's a "Lola" moment!

I love ya Cawacko...I can't stop laughing.

(this is only based on my assumption that a woman would not post a picture of herself in that state of dress, but that a man would post it as a pinup, thus I am assuming that the poster is male. If I'm wrong, than I guess the joke is on me, but I am laughing anyway!)

This is fabulous! I think it's a "Lola" moment!

I love ya Cawacko...I can't stop laughing.

(this is only based on my assumption that a woman would not post a picture of herself in that state of dress, but that a man would post it as a pinup, thus I am assuming that the poster is male. If I'm wrong, than I guess the joke is on me, but I am laughing anyway!)

:lol: Your perfectly right!!

Back