Don't you "love" the postal service?

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
I ordered something off Ebay, and found out it was coming from a 40 mile drive away, in another Northern Michigan town. Check the tracking, and it is now in Detroit. Is this where a you had one job meme should come in?

Nature of the beast. I ordered something that was done by the hybrid system. UPS had it from many states away to the regional USPS postal facility in my state in 1 day where it sat for two days before spending a day reaching my local post office where it sat for another three days before it was finally delivered riped open and "inspected for security reasons" and taped back up without the packing slip. It was just a metal spring for my lawn mower so not sure why they red flagged it. The annoying part was it was like $4.00 for the part and $13+ for "shipping and handling"

Now my stupid package is in Grand Rapids, and I have to wait till after the weekend Three hours there, and back, and I could have got it myself.

Nature of the beast. I ordered something that was done by the hybrid system. UPS had it from many states away to the regional USPS postal facility in my state in 1 day where it sat for two days before spending a day reaching my local post office where it sat for another three days before it was finally delivered riped open and "inspected for security reasons" and taped back up without the packing slip. It was just a metal spring for my lawn mower so not sure why they red flagged it. The annoying part was it was like $4.00 for the part and $13+ for "shipping and handling"
if you are dumb enough to pay $13 shipping for a $4 part, whose fault is it?

if you are dumb enough to pay $13 shipping for a $4 part, whose fault is it?

It is not "dumb enough". It was had absolutely no choice. Even the local lawn mower shop said they would have to special order it which would have cost even more due to their mark up.

It is not "dumb enough". It was had absolutely no choice. Even the local lawn mower shop said they would have to special order it which would have cost even more due to their mark up.

lawn mowers are really important and necessary in December.

In December, Einstein?

The season doesn't change shipping costs, and the only thing this time of years changes, is how long it might take heading into Christmas. They recommend having things shipped by the 17th. I'm going to be busy with cookies tomorrow.

Last edited:
I ordered something off Ebay, and found out it was coming from a 40 mile drive away, in another Northern Michigan town. Check the tracking, and it is now in Detroit. Is this where a you had one job meme should come in?

They are not going to do a personal drive straight from their house to yours. They collect a lot of packages. They send them to a central location. Then they distribute. That's the efficient way to do this. They do not care that some small number of packages may have been shipped more efficiently through a direct route. They are not uber. They are not a personal courier. They are the postal service.

Back