Dow 26,000?

Which proves it is not a true economic indicator. While small business and people suffer, large corporations are doing fine.

In a newly released interview, New York Stock ExchangePresident Stacey Cunningham acknowledged that the resilient stock market does not reflect the condition of the economy, since relatively robust sectors like health care and tech make up a large portion of major indexes like the S&P 500 (^GSPC).May 7, 2020

I think that the phase irrational exuberance, describes what is going in the markets.

Why the disconnect between stocks and the economy is worrying
Julia Horowitz byline

"The fundamental problem is market psychology and whether the narrative shifts from the summer of hope to the summer of discontent, where first consumers and then investors become jaded by a post Covid-19 hangover compounded by a White House running out of options on all front, be it domestic or foreign policy," Stephen Innes, chief global markets strategist at AxiCorp, told clients Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

I think that the phase irrational exuberance, describes what is going in the markets.

Why the disconnect between stocks and the economy is worrying
Julia Horowitz byline

"The fundamental problem is market psychology and whether the narrative shifts from the summer of hope to the summer of discontent, where first consumers and then investors become jaded by a post Covid-19 hangover compounded by a White House running out of options on all front, be it domestic or foreign policy," Stephen Innes, chief global markets strategist at AxiCorp, told clients Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

Re-building after the Trump Riots is something to consider.

Shows who benefited from the pandemic stimulus packages

As “phantasmal” said, on its own, the Market is not a good indicator, and when used, is best measured over time, today if it shows anything it is how volatile the Market is day to day

Shows who benefited from the pandemic stimulus packages

As “phantasmal” said, on its own, the Market is not a good indicator, and when used, is best measured over time, today if it shows anything it is how volatile the Market is day to day

I believe it's a reflection of how the Ownership Class views the Future of Production and Consumption.

People are betting on a "v shaped" recovery. They understand that the economy is artificially deflated.

Riots in the Streets, Coronavirus everywhere, Depression-era unemployment.
I have no explanation. (well, I have some conspiracy theories)

Back