Dumb Rummy

Prakosh

From the Egomanical, Demented Secretary of Defense Department: "Donald H. Rumsfeld said Monday he is deeply troubled by the success of terrorist groups in 'manipulating the media' to influence Westerners." He told the Media, "That's the thing that keeps me up at night." No, What Should Keep Him Up at Night is How He, Cheney and Bush Appease the Terrorists by Using the Media to Cause Fear, to Terrorize the American Public, to Cause Unnecessary American Death in a Civil War, and to Curtail Our Freedoms -- All Goals of the Terrorists. "Tough Guy" Rumsfeld is Really the Modern Version of Neville Chamberlain. He's Helped Give the Terrorists Everything They've Wanted, Including a Cesspool Recruiting Ground in Iraq.

Rumsfeld: Terrorists Manipulating Media

By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer
Tue. Aug 29, 2:29 AM ET

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said Monday he is deeply troubled by the success of terrorist groups in "manipulating the media" to influence Westerners.

"That's the thing that keeps me up at night," he said during a question-and-answer session with about 200 naval aviators and other Navy personnel at this flight training base for Navy and Marine pilots.

Rumsfeld was asked whether the criticism he draws as Pentagon chief and a leading advocate of the war in Iraq is an impediment to performing his job. He said it was not and he knows from history that wars are normally unpopular with many Americans. "I expect that," he said. "I understand that."

"What bothers me the most is how clever the enemy is," he continued, launching an extensive broadside at Islamic extremist groups which he said are trying to undermine Western support for the war on terror.

"They are actively manipulating the media in this country" by, for example, falsely blaming U.S. troops for civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, he said.

"They can lie with impunity," he said, while U.S. troops are held to a high standard of conduct.

more at link...

http://townhall.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ContentGuid=78b5c0fb-c773-498d-ab3b-0cf03d7b5601

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you are too much of a BoBo to see how they have used the media to their advantage then you obviously just see it one way..... No big surprise....:cool:

I have to agree on the link issue. If you can't post links don't post quotes from articles. Lets keep the site legal.

This is a double offense, posting an AP article from a liberal blog! LOL Poster can't even make his own comments on the AP article! Desh is that you?

Back