Dystopian TV series: my pick list...

The only "dystopian" TV series I've ever watched was The Walking Dead.

I don't know why they never made TV series out of some of the old classic dystopian society novels.

Farenheit 451.

Alas, Babylon.

Brave New World.

They could have done a lot with them.

The only "dystopian" TV series I've ever watched was The Walking Dead.

I don't know why they never made TV series out of some of the old classic dystopian society novels.

Farenheit 451.

Alas, Babylon.

Brave New World.

They could have done a lot with them.

Surprisingly, Americans generally are not that good with dystopian film and literature, with a few notable exceptions.

I frequently find foreign productions in the dystopian genre superior

Surprisingly, Americans generally are not that good with dystopian film and literature, with a few notable exceptions.

I frequently find foreign productions in the dystopian genre superior

Wasn't "Waterworld" a big flop? But the Mad Max stuff was big, so was the Terminator series.

Wasn't "Waterworld" a big flop? But the Mad Max stuff was big, so was the Terminator series.

You are right, the first terminator was pretty good, but the sequels got carried away with the typical Hollywood focus on special effects.

Mad Max was an Australian concept and movie, with the sequels being picked up by Hollywood.

The Matrix was a standout American effort.

You are right, the first terminator was pretty good, but the sequels got carried away with the typical Hollywood focus on special effects.

Mad Max was an Australian concept and movie, with the sequels being picked up by Hollywood.

The Matrix was a standout American effort.

I sometimes enjoy reading dystopian novels as well.

Me too. The last good one I read was "Metro 2033" by Dimitri Glukhovsky, a post-apocalyptic story about survivors of a nuclear holocaust living in the Moscow subway system.

Good gods, that sounds dreary! But then such is the nature of that genre. Right now I'm re-reading "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."

Mel Gibson and Arnold Schwarzenegger probably had quite a bit to do with that. Not to mention the first couple of Terminator movies were really good.

71n5DIn2tUL._AC_SY879_.jpg

I just stood there and watched.

We gave out 25 years to life.

61MeTlsDRtL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

To who?

kickplate1.jpg

Back