Early info - Strength Ratings of top college football teams for 2010 season

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

#1 - Alabama Crimson Tide
It's no coincidence that after linebacker Rolando McClain announced his decision to skip his senior year and enter the draft, rising junior Donta' Hightower was brought before the media. That baton pass should go smoothly, and if you watched the BCS title game, you already know rising junior Marcell Dareus can take over a game. On the other side of the ball, the Crimson Tide only return a national-title winning quarterback (Greg McElroy), a Heisman Trophy-winning tailback (Mark Ingram) and the back a lot of people think is better than the Heisman winner (Trent Richardson).

#2 - Boise State Broncos
It's time to stop doubting the Broncos. I ripped on their schedule plenty last season, but all they do when they get on the big stage is win. It's easy to say they wouldn't go undefeated in a better conference, but when Boise State has played teams from better conferences in the past few years, the Broncos have won. So to all the teams that think Boise State shouldn't be ranked this high, you have one way to prove it: beat the Broncos.

#3 - Ohio State Buckeyes
Now that the Buckeyes have cast the BCS bowl gorilla from their backs, it's time to work on Ohio State's personal King Kong -- the BCS title game. The Buckeyes have the talent. They have experience at key positions. Their only problem? The 2010 Big Ten will be deeper than it's been in years.

#4 - Texas Longhorns
Rising sophomore quarterback Garrett Gilbert offered a glimpse of how good he can be in the BCS title game. The Longhorns' defense loses end Sergio Kindle, but this is Texas. Kindle's exit only means rising sophomore Alex Okafor has a chance to become a household name.

#5 - Iowa Hawkeyes
Defensive end Adrian Clayborn said he would be back next season, but that was before he owned Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. If he can fend off agents the way he fends off blockers, he'll be the anchor of a stacked team playing a schedule that brings Penn State and Ohio State to Iowa City.

Not sure I agree that Texas will be back in the top 5, but this is Cut & Paste.

Alabama vs. Penn State is going to be a GREAT game next year. I'm glad to see Penn State actually step up and play someone OOC next year. Penn State should be good so it will be a real test for both teams.

Was checking out Florida's schedule. They are the only SEC team in their state yet they play 9 out of their 12 games in the state of Florida. I guess they don't get much of a discount on plane tickets and are trying to cut down on costs.

Was checking out Florida's schedule. They are the only SEC team in their state yet they play 9 out of their 12 games in the state of Florida. I guess they don't get much of a discount on plane tickets and are trying to cut down on costs.

LOLZ That must be it... O_o

#1 - Alabama Crimson Tide
It's no coincidence that after linebacker Rolando McClain announced his decision to skip his senior year and enter the draft, rising junior Donta' Hightower was brought before the media. That baton pass should go smoothly, and if you watched the BCS title game, you already know rising junior Marcell Dareus can take over a game. On the other side of the ball, the Crimson Tide only return a national-title winning quarterback (Greg McElroy), a Heisman Trophy-winning tailback (Mark Ingram) and the back a lot of people think is better than the Heisman winner (Trent Richardson).

#2 - Boise State Broncos
It's time to stop doubting the Broncos. I ripped on their schedule plenty last season, but all they do when they get on the big stage is win. It's easy to say they wouldn't go undefeated in a better conference, but when Boise State has played teams from better conferences in the past few years, the Broncos have won. So to all the teams that think Boise State shouldn't be ranked this high, you have one way to prove it: beat the Broncos.

#3 - Ohio State Buckeyes
Now that the Buckeyes have cast the BCS bowl gorilla from their backs, it's time to work on Ohio State's personal King Kong -- the BCS title game. The Buckeyes have the talent. They have experience at key positions. Their only problem? The 2010 Big Ten will be deeper than it's been in years.

#4 - Texas Longhorns
Rising sophomore quarterback Garrett Gilbert offered a glimpse of how good he can be in the BCS title game. The Longhorns' defense loses end Sergio Kindle, but this is Texas. Kindle's exit only means rising sophomore Alex Okafor has a chance to become a household name.

#5 - Iowa Hawkeyes
Defensive end Adrian Clayborn said he would be back next season, but that was before he owned Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. If he can fend off agents the way he fends off blockers, he'll be the anchor of a stacked team playing a schedule that brings Penn State and Ohio State to Iowa City.

Not sure I agree that Texas will be back in the top 5, but this is Cut & Paste.
I like to wait till at least October before I do any prognisticating. I really don't care if OSU wins the BCS championship "by proxy" game. If we win the conference. Great! If we win the conference and a BCS game, that's good too. If we win conference, go undefeated and win a BCS game, even better. With 9 returning starters on offense and 7 returning starters on defense (including hometown boy Ross Homan who passed up the pros) I think the Bucks have a good chance. But the Big 10 does look pretty tough for next season. OSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisc all look like they'll be good teams and I wouldn't count out Michigan. OSU will have to finish out next year with games against Iowa, PSU and Michigan....that's just brutal!

That or their just plain chicken shit.

It's weird, USC plays 13 games next year because the NCAA allows those who play at Hawaii to play an extra game yet we only play 6 games at home. I was going to say what the hell is our AD thinking but our AD is Mike Garrett so that explains it.

It's weird, USC plays 13 games next year because the NCAA allows those who play at Hawaii to play an extra game yet we only play 6 games at home. I was going to say what the hell is our AD thinking but our AD is Mike Garrett so that explains it.
Nothing lasts forever Wacko.

Yeah, word is Garrett is going to get let go and that day can't come soon enough.
Why? Unless the progam has run away and is being sanctioned with loss of bowl games or the NCAA Death penalty (Not going to happen). He's been one of their most succesfull AD's ever.

A lot of how Bama will do will depend on who steps up as a leader on the defense.

Ohio State and Iowa look to be tough, with most of their key people returning. If Iowa's QB stays healthy, they look to be tough to beat.

A lot of how Bama will do will depend on who steps up as a leader on the defense.

Ohio State and Iowa look to be tough, with most of their key people returning. If Iowa's QB stays healthy, they look to be tough to beat.
If Michigan returns to the mix next season, and I suspect they will. Rich Rods ass is on the line, then the Big 10 is going to rough.

To be honest, most of the nation is going to be rooting for some team to knock off the SEC.

If Michigan returns to the mix next season, and I suspect they will. Rich Rods ass is on the line, then the Big 10 is going to rough.

To be honest, most of the nation is going to be rooting for some team to knock off the SEC.

This might be the year for someone to knock the SEC off the throne. FL has lost some of its stars, and Bama lost some defensive heavy hitters.

Back