Eight accused of robbing, torturing drug dealers

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/06/police.impersonators.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- A gang of police impersonators abducted and tortured cocaine traffickers, forcing them to hand over multimillion-dollar stashes by holding their families hostage or threatening to squeeze their testicles with pliers, authorities said Tuesday.

An indictment unsealed in federal court in Brooklyn, New York, charged eight men with robbery conspiracy, drug dealing and an array of other crimes.

Since spring 2003, the gang injured about 100 people while committing 100 holdups targeting large-scale traffickers in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Florida, investigators said.

The take: $4 million in cash and more than 1,650 pounds of cocaine worth $20 million, which authorities say the men sold on the streets of New York. Sometimes, abduction attempts led to shootouts between the robbery crew and associates of the drug dealers, authorities said.

I wonder what some of the 'victims' told police.....

"I was just minding my businesses, cutting up my snow to sell on the streets when out of nowhere, these thugs robbed me...this city is going to straight to he!!"

NEW YORK (AP) -- A gang of police impersonators abducted and tortured cocaine traffickers, forcing them to hand over multimillion-dollar stashes by holding their families hostage or threatening to squeeze their testicles with pliers, authorities said Tuesday.

An indictment unsealed in federal court in Brooklyn, New York, charged eight men with robbery conspiracy, drug dealing and an array of other crimes.

Since spring 2003, the gang injured about 100 people while committing 100 holdups targeting large-scale traffickers in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Florida, investigators said.

The take: $4 million in cash and more than 1,650 pounds of cocaine worth $20 million, which authorities say the men sold on the streets of New York. Sometimes, abduction attempts led to shootouts between the robbery crew and associates of the drug dealers, authorities said.

"I was just minding my businesses, cutting up my snow to sell on the streets when out of nowhere, these thugs robbed me...this city is going to straight to he!!"

HaHa, that is pretty funny. So true though.

It's OK to hold someones family at gunpoint as long as sometimes in their past they have done something that the state arbitrarily decided wasn't allowed anymore.

It's a surprisingly popular way to make a living.

Drug dealers make excellent targets because they have a stash of cash they can't deposit into banks and they usually don't report robbery.

The guys who do it are called stick up boys. These particular ones sound like pretty intense, top tier guys.

It says a lot about that stickup crew that the Feds shut them down.

Usually law enforcement is content to allow them to run around shooting and robbing dealers unless they do something particularly bad.

It says a lot about that stickup crew that the Feds shut them down.

Usually law enforcement is content to allow them to run around shooting and robbing dealers unless they do something particularly bad.

yeah kinda like our foreign policy.
Really bad in foreign policy translates to interfering with our business interests.

These guys must have been badass at licks if they were able to work for 5 years on this kind of scale.

Back