Election Day!!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I have recently been nominated to sit on the board of directors for the governing body of my professional association. The election starts today and last for two weeks. I won't know the results till December.

I have a sense of doom. The nomination was sprung on me at the last moment and the bio I wrote I had to do quickly and I think sucks compared to my opponents.

My only hope is that I have a larger network of colleagues that know me and have worked for me. It will be interesting to see how this works out. :)

I have recently been nominated to sit on the board of directors for the governing body of my professional association. The election starts today and last for two weeks. I won't know the results till December.

I have a sense of doom. The nomination was sprung on me at the last moment and the bio I wrote I had to do quickly and I think sucks compared to my opponents.

My only hope is that I have a larger network of colleagues that know me and have worked for me. It will be interesting to see how this works out. :)

Dude as Grind said if you can handle elections and debates at JPP the real world will be nothing. :)

Dude as Grind said if you can handle elections and debates at JPP the real world will be nothing. :)
It would be a nice honor to win the election. My opponent though is just as worthy. I have more commercial experience and she has more government experience. Unfortunately for me networking can only go so far. I was caught off guard with a last minute request for a bio and that may determine who wins. Her's is definately better written than mine. For most of the membership that is what they will make their decision on. So my expectations of winning are not big.

Good luck Mott, we're rooting for you. Just remember, the JPP magic (ha ha) helped Jarod win his election and Steelplate get his new job!

Back