Evansville woman, 94, still going strong 44 years into McDonald's job

Granule

Firebrand
A celebration was held for Loraine Maurer at the N. Green River McDonald's location. Dozens came to congratulate Maurer on 44 years of service with the company. Maurer, 94, reflects on her years spent at McDonald's and her passion for her customers. MaCabe Brown - Digital Content Producer

Loraine Maurer, 94, was honored Thursday for more than four decades of work at local McDonald's restaurants -- she currently punches the clock at the North Green River location. Dozens of people came to congratulate Maurer on 44 years of service with the company. Maurer works every Friday and Saturday during breakfast, but you'll likely find her there everyday.

"I get in here at 5 o'clock when they open. I have to get up at three," Maurer said to a customer.

http://www.courierpress.com/story/l...-strong-44-years-into-mcdonalds-job/99529688/

Good story and Good for her!

Actually, it's what technologists call "progress."
It's certainly antithetical to what pervert degenerate racists call progress. They'd much rather see this amazing woman wasting away on Medicaid or in a funeral parlor. Isn't that right, underpants. ;)

It's certainly antithetical to what pervert degenerate racists call progress. They'd much rather see this amazing woman wasting away on Medicaid or in a funeral parlor. Isn't that right, underpants. ;)

Honestly, as soon as I can retire, I'm doing it! At 95, I want to be living the life of leisure, depending upon my health.

Honestly, as soon as I can retire, I'm doing it! At 95, I want to be living the life of leisure, depending upon my health.
Absolutely. With a healthy bank account, solid investment portfolio and zero debt!

But then, something tells me this gal couldn't, or wouldn't, get things together to be able to do all of that. There is the outside chance that she's staying on because she simply wants to.

Absolutely. With a healthy bank account, solid investment portfolio and zero debt!

But then, something tells me this gal couldn't, or wouldn't, get things together to be able to do all of that. There is the outside chance that she's staying on because she simply wants to.

Oh, I doubt she's needed the job for at least 20 years. My grandfather didn't retire from the Seattle Times until he was 75, out of necessity. The ITU union went bankrupt, and lost his pension, so, at 65, he was picked-up by the CWA union on a 10-year-plan. My father got it into his head that he should work until he turns 75. Despite some deteriorating health, he is still capable of holding down his job (he's a chemist in a municipal public works department) at 70, and is sticking it out.

Well, I'd like to spend my non-leisure time involved in civic activities, such as the Knights, the Guard Association, political activism, etc.

I used to do that, now my hatred of humanity keeps me at home tinkering with my guns or other hobbies.

Back