Everclear Faces Iowa Ban

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
Everclear Faces Iowa Ban

Following a hazing incident in which a freshman was hospitalized with a blood-alcohol content of 0.5 percent, Iowa is considering banning the high-proof neutral grain spirit known as Everclear. What do you think?

Billy,
Loader
"But high-proof vodkas are often essential for freshmen whose gulping muscles aren't fully developed."

Damocles,
Job Order Clerk
"Everclear overconsumption is certainly a major problem at colleges, but such a ban would be entirely unfair to those of us Iowans who responsibly enjoy a glass of jungle juice with our meals each evening."

Bittermark,
Rubber Mill Operator
"That's why freshmen aren't invited to my parties."

http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/everclear_faces_iowa_ban

Everclear Faces Iowa Ban

Following a hazing incident in which a freshman was hospitalized with a blood-alcohol content of 0.5 percent, Iowa is considering banning the high-proof neutral grain spirit known as Everclear. What do you think?

Billy,
Loader
"But high-proof vodkas are often essential for freshmen whose gulping muscles aren't fully developed."

Damocles,
Job Order Clerk
"Everclear overconsumption is certainly a major problem at colleges, but such a ban would be entirely unfair to those of us Iowans who responsibly enjoy a glass of jungle juice with our meals each evening."

Bittermark,
Rubber Mill Operator

Maybe if you had a drink, you could work up the courage to answer the Werewolf question, you little bitch.

i've never had it, nor will i....

my understanding is that one shot and you're drunk
Not always, but it'll fuck you up good even if you water it down heavily.

But what was my name doing above that quote? I'm confused.

i've never had it, nor will i....

my understanding is that one shot and you're drunk

It's about 2.5 times a normal shot. So one shot and you're buzzed, two shots and you're drunk. If you take both shots at the same time, yeah, you'll be pretty shitty.

Everclear Faces Iowa Ban

Billy,
Loader

Damocles,
Job Order Clerk

Bittermark,
Rubber Mill Operator

God that's nasty shit. I say lift the ban but regulate the alcohol content. Say no more that 100 proof (50%)

Nope, Steel Reserve is nasty shit. Everclear is tasteless. You've just got to hold your breath and take a chaser with it, or it'll burn your nostrils. I don't see the need to water down my liquor.

You know you love the 211 Water, don't pretend otherwise.

It tastes like bottled aluminum with a hint of sawdust. But yes, I do love it, and I never intend on buying expensive beer again. The thing is, once I saw 211, I realized that my alcohol problem had suddenly become perfectly economical. It's like 4 dollar to get drunk! It costs more to eat at McDonalds.

SR is like 1.44 ounces of alcohol per dollar; Everclear like 1.6 (calculated that in Physics today).

Last edited:
Back