Everybody uses Linux

When you're making the software and hardware for an entire industry from the ground up, you can choose which platform you're going to deploy it on.

Apple has generally been better at expanding it's marketplace than Linux, though, going from about 2% to 10%, compared to 1.5% to 5% at the Linux side.

When you're making the software and hardware for an entire industry from the ground up, you can choose which platform you're going to deploy it on.

Apple has generally been better at expanding it's marketplace than Linux, though, going from about 2% to 10%, compared to 1.5% to 5% at the Linux side.

I love these cartoons.

foxtrot.2003-08-14.gif

foxtrot.2000-02-07.png

Last edited:

That is all done to power of marketing, maybe Canonical will be able to do so in the future?

http://www.canonical.com/

Last edited:
I'm a Windows system admin. I have been considering incorporating more open source into our environment, though. I've been doing some reading on CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) and it made me wish I hadn't upgraded our print servers to 2008 R2 a few months back. :palm:

Back