Everything you need to know about hydration

Yep, I've seen that. Used to love the Bullshit episodes. The Lewis Black skit on water is included in the blog post as well.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/28/everything-you-need-to-know-about-hydration/

Are you drinking too much or too little water? Do you buy bottled water because you think it's healthier? This was a good read, so I figured I'd share.

A pretty good read. I agree with much of what he says, especially about sports drinks that have a shit ton of sugar in them and the stupidity of buying bottled water because it is 'better'.

While I personally prefer water over soda, coffee, tea etc... it is simply preference. I do also adhere to the belief that water consumption (total... not just drinking) should equate to about an ounce per pound of body mass a day. I would also argue that the idea of waiting until you are thirsty, while accurate according to research, is bad in that it is very subjective. Obviously if you have dry mouth, drink water. But many people I think don't realize they are thirsty until it is past the time to drink, they thus 'bonk'.

He uses the examples of cats and dogs... using that example, how much do they drink on average? What causes them to try and engulf the entire bowl? (mainly dogs on this one as cats are lazy shits) They tend to take a few laps of water and then move on... and they do this fairly consistently throughout the day. When a dog goes out and plays... then comes in... they drink a lot more.

All in all he pretty much recites the latest research on the issue. Good article. Something people should be aware of.

I know that a lot of the bottled water brands are crap, but I actually can tell the difference when I'm drinking tap water and I hate the taste of it. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just where I live.

I know that a lot of the bottled water brands are crap, but I actually can tell the difference when I'm drinking tap water and I hate the taste of it. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just where I live.

Maybe it's all the bile that accumulates in your body.

Have you tried a Brita filter?

Never had bottled water taste better than Detroit tap water. Nothing so clean and pure.

I knew all that stuff except for the part where the military basically made up all the HYDRATE OR DIE stuff. Makes so much more sense now though.

Never had bottled water taste better than Detroit tap water. Nothing so clean and pure.

I knew all that stuff except for the part where the military basically made up all the HYDRATE OR DIE stuff. Makes so much more sense now though.
LOL. If Detroit was a political party, Billy would be Desh. Soon he's going to start in on how all y'all from other cities are full of hate, and that means hating them is hate and stuff...

And 'YER GONNA GET IT!'... Shiftplusone

LOL. If Detroit was a political party, Billy would be Desh. Soon he's going to start in on how all y'all from other cities are full of hate, and that means hating them is hate and stuff...

And 'YER GONNA GET IT!'... Shiftplusone

Low blow man, low blow. Seriously though, our water is fucking awesome and one of the few things Detroit excels at.

Do they infuse it with bong water or something? Hard to imagine 'fucking awesome' water.. lol.

Anchorage has some of the best water in the USA, and the bonus, it comes out of the tap cold! Summer or winter!

It is delicious and doesn't have the funny states that water in ither cities has!

The best I've had in California is up in Lake Tahoe. Not even a thought of drinking bottled water there.

Anchorage has some of the best water in the USA, and the bonus, it comes out of the tap cold! Summer or winter!

It is delicious and doesn't have the funny states that water in ither cities has!

That reminded me of how great the tap water was up in Colorado...it would come out of the tap COLD!

Talk about a bonus!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/28/everything-you-need-to-know-about-hydration/

Are you drinking too much or too little water? Do you buy bottled water because you think it's healthier? This was a good read, so I figured I'd share.

All I know is all you need is a filter on your faucet and you have instant "bottled water," but without reading the article, if I understand correctly, water in plastic bottles is not actually good especially if it's been sitting on the shelf for quite sometime. Not sure if that is true if anyone wants to correct me.

Back