Excellent April Fools prank

Oh I love April Fools day! It's one of my favorite holidays. My wife and I have a competition each year to see who can get who.

Our first year I called her up at home during a rain storm and told her I needed her to pick up a priority package at the post office. She walked up there only to find there wasn't one (April Fools!)

The next year I got calls for a week asking me how much I wanted for my car. I was like "WTF! My car aint for sale". Then I finally saw the "For Sale" sign she had put on the back of my car. (April Fools!)

The next year I turned all the clocks and watches in our house back one hour. I also turned the clock in her car back. She went ended up going to work an hour early. Boy was she pissed! (April Fools!).

Last year I tried everything in the book to get her. Nothing worked. So I went to go take a shower and pulled the shower curtain back and that's when the bowl of cold water fell on me. (April Fools!).

This year I bought three alarm clocks and hid them around the bedroom knowing my wife had to go in to work at 11 am but likes to sleep in. After the first clock rang and she found it she called me at work and said "Hahaha, you got me." An hour later when the second one went off she called me at work and said "Ok, very funny, did you hide any more?" I lied and said no. When the third one went off she called me at work and said "I hate you!". Every time she called I put her on speaker phone at work. I had the whole department laughing. (April Fools!) :)

Our first year I called her up at home during a rain storm and told her I needed her to pick up a priority package at the post office. She walked up there only to find there wasn't one (April Fools!)

she probably still calls you an asshole behind your back

Best April fools day joke I have ever pulled was creating a letter from the IRS with all the letterhead and everything telling a guy I used to office share with that they were auditing him for the last 5 years. We shared the same accountant so I got her in on it too. Mail came in, he just took the stack and walked back in his office. I then called her and told her he got it, she then called him about 20 minutes later and asked him if HE got a letter from the IRS. He looked through his mail and pulled it out, saw the first paragraph that went into why they were auditing him and then threw it down, she spent about 10 more minutes "trying to calm" him but really just amping him up and then told him to look at the last paragraph on the second page, he read that and a sentence in the middle just said April Fools over and over again. It was hilarious. He was pretty steamed at us for a while but got over it.

The funniest one I ever heard of was the husband of a friend had someone call his office and tell them he had been in a serious car accident, and was in ICU. His plan was to show up an hour later at the office and yell "April Fools!".

The problem is, he found out that the family that owned the company got the news and got on their private jet to fly down from somewhere in New England in about 45 mins.

Turned out the family contacted the local hospital, then the police dept and found out it was a joke. So they got him back.

Best April fools day joke I have ever pulled was creating a letter from the IRS with all the letterhead and everything telling a guy I used to office share with that they were auditing him for the last 5 years. We shared the same accountant so I got her in on it too. Mail came in, he just took the stack and walked back in his office. I then called her and told her he got it, she then called him about 20 minutes later and asked him if HE got a letter from the IRS. He looked through his mail and pulled it out, saw the first paragraph that went into why they were auditing him and then threw it down, she spent about 10 more minutes "trying to calm" him but really just amping him up and then told him to look at the last paragraph on the second page, he read that and a sentence in the middle just said April Fools over and over again. It was hilarious. He was pretty steamed at us for a while but got over it.
One of my all time favorites was when the local news paper printed an editorial on April 1 19xx that the local reservoir providing the city with water was contaminated with the deadly chemical dihydrogen oxide. It backfired on them as they were literally inundated with phone calls by frightened citizen who were worried if the water was safe! LOL

The funniest one I ever heard of was the husband of a friend had someone call his office and tell them he had been in a serious car accident, and was in ICU. His plan was to show up an hour later at the office and yell "April Fools!".

The problem is, he found out that the family that owned the company got the news and got on their private jet to fly down from somewhere in New England in about 45 mins.

Turned out the family contacted the local hospital, then the police dept and found out it was a joke. So they got him back.
LOL Nice reverse spin! LOL

The only one I ever tried against my mother...

I was about 7 or so years old, my eldest sister about 9 at the time. We added some salt to the sugar bowl the night before... When my mother added it to her cereal she nearly went ballistic. The first "punishment" was when she made us eat some of that awesome "sugar" on some of our cereal. (We pretended we liked it, boy was that a mistake...)

I'm surprised I can sit down even now, let alone remember my name.

My dad would occassionally ask one of us to go down and check the mail on a sunday. If it happened to be April 1st, he would just add the gotcha for effect. :cool:

The only one I ever tried against my mother...

I was about 7 or so years old, my eldest sister about 9 at the time. We added some salt to the sugar bowl the night before... When my mother added it to her cereal she nearly went ballistic. The first "punishment" was when she made us eat some of that awesome "sugar" on some of our cereal. (We pretended we liked it, boy was that a mistake...)

I'm surprised I can sit down even now, let alone remember my name.
This wasn't an April fools joke but it was mean as hell. My older brother is about one of the biggest snobs you ever met. He can be a real prick too. So one time he came up to visit from Florida, I hadn't seen him in three years. I was between jobs at the time and was feeling pretty shitty about being unemployed. The first thing out of his mouth was to give me a ration of shit for being an unemployed bum. Later that day he went out to my parents yard to lay out and touch up his perfect tan and the dumb ass fell asleep. So I super glued the pricks oaklies to his face.

Last edited:
This wasn't an April fools joke but it was mean as hell. My older brother is about one of the biggest snobs you ever met. He can be a real prick too. So one time he came up to visit from Florida, I hadn't seen him in three years. I was between jobs at the time and was feeling pretty shitty about being unemployed. The first thing out of his mouth was to give me a ration of shit for being an unemployed bum. Later that day he went out to my parents yard to lay out and touch up his perfect tan and the dumb ass fell asleep. So I super glued the pricks oaklies to his face.

What is an oaklie?

Back