Excruciating! Trump's Endlessly Long, Wildly Dishonest RNC Speech

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Donald Trump briefly tried a "new tone" — before pivoting to Hannibal Lecter, "crazy" Pelosi, insurrection lies and more of his greatest hits.

MILWAUKEE — Not four years after Donald Trump’s eldest son boasted that the Republican Party belonged not to traditional Republicans but to his father, GOP delegates gathered at their nominating convention proved his point this week, demonstrating their obeisance to a convicted criminal who tried to end American democracy because he lost his reelection.

“Tonight, with faith and devotion, I proudly accept your nomination for president of the United States,” Trump said to wild cheers on Thursday night, exactly three years, five months and 28 days after leaving the White House in disgrace following his failed coup attempt.

Trump’s campaign aides have been pushing stories about how Saturday’s assassination attempt at a rally in Pennsylvania had made him a more spiritual person and how Trump would offer a unifying message. And at the start, Trump did indeed offer a more somber tone.

“There was blood pouring everywhere, but in a certain way I felt very protected, because I felt that I had God on my side,” Trump said. He mentioned the retired fire chief who had been killed at the rally and showed his jacket and helmet, which had been brought on stage.

“I’m not supposed to be here tonight,” he said.

The new tone lasted 17 minutes.

Then, he called on state and federal prosecutors to drop all four criminal cases against him, including the one in which he was convicted of 34 felony counts in May.

“The Democrat party should immediately stop weaponizing the justice system and labeling their political opponent as an enemy of democracy,” he said.

At the 25 minute mark, Trump called former Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “crazy.” Eight minutes later, he accused Democrats of cheating in elections. Four minutes later, he insulted the news media, referring to the CBS News program “Face the Nation” as “Deface the Nation.”

And 38 minutes in, he repeated the lie that he used to incite the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol — that the 2020 election had been stolen from him through cheating. Immediately after that, he made liars out of staffers who had told reporters that he would never mention the name of the man who had defeated him, claiming Biden, by name, was worse than the previous 10 worst presidents combined.

The speech devolved from there into Trump’s standard, oft-used rhetoric from his rally speeches — that the economy on his watch was the best ever; that his trade agreements were marked improvements over the previous ones; that crime is currently out of control; and so on.

He also repeated promises and warnings with no basis in fact: that he would be able to balance the budget merely by increasing oil and gas production, or that an ongoing influx of illegal migrants would bankrupt Social Security and Medicare.

Through the entire 92-minute address, Trump won sustained adulation from the thousands of delegates, alternates and guests packed into Fiserv Forum, the home of the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team — although attentions began wandering at the 75 minute mark, as delegates began checking their phones.
It was a dramatic evolution from his first Republican National Convention eight years ago.

In 2016, a sizeable number of Republican activists gathered at the convention in Cleveland tried to take the nomination away from Trump because of his treatment of women, his racism, his history of cheating contractors in business, his uneven history on abortion and his open praise of dictators like Vladimir Putin.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-republican-takeover_n_66998a0ae4b047588a4b2aac

1721393709935.png
1721394450341.png

Donald Trump briefly tried a "new tone" — before pivoting to Hannibal Lecter, "crazy" Pelosi, insurrection lies and more of his greatest hits.

MILWAUKEE — Not four years after Donald Trump’s eldest son boasted that the Republican Party belonged not to traditional Republicans but to his father, GOP delegates gathered at their nominating convention proved his point this week, demonstrating their obeisance to a convicted criminal who tried to end American democracy because he lost his reelection.

“Tonight, with faith and devotion, I proudly accept your nomination for president of the United States,” Trump said to wild cheers on Thursday night, exactly three years, five months and 28 days after leaving the White House in disgrace following his failed coup attempt.

Trump’s campaign aides have been pushing stories about how Saturday’s assassination attempt at a rally in Pennsylvania had made him a more spiritual person and how Trump would offer a unifying message. And at the start, Trump did indeed offer a more somber tone.

“There was blood pouring everywhere, but in a certain way I felt very protected, because I felt that I had God on my side,” Trump said. He mentioned the retired fire chief who had been killed at the rally and showed his jacket and helmet, which had been brought on stage.

“I’m not supposed to be here tonight,” he said.

The new tone lasted 17 minutes.

Then, he called on state and federal prosecutors to drop all four criminal cases against him, including the one in which he was convicted of 34 felony counts in May.

“The Democrat party should immediately stop weaponizing the justice system and labeling their political opponent as an enemy of democracy,” he said.

At the 25 minute mark, Trump called former Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “crazy.” Eight minutes later, he accused Democrats of cheating in elections. Four minutes later, he insulted the news media, referring to the CBS News program “Face the Nation” as “Deface the Nation.”

And 38 minutes in, he repeated the lie that he used to incite the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol — that the 2020 election had been stolen from him through cheating. Immediately after that, he made liars out of staffers who had told reporters that he would never mention the name of the man who had defeated him, claiming Biden, by name, was worse than the previous 10 worst presidents combined.

The speech devolved from there into Trump’s standard, oft-used rhetoric from his rally speeches — that the economy on his watch was the best ever; that his trade agreements were marked improvements over the previous ones; that crime is currently out of control; and so on.

He also repeated promises and warnings with no basis in fact: that he would be able to balance the budget merely by increasing oil and gas production, or that an ongoing influx of illegal migrants would bankrupt Social Security and Medicare.

Through the entire 92-minute address, Trump won sustained adulation from the thousands of delegates, alternates and guests packed into Fiserv Forum, the home of the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team — although attentions began wandering at the 75 minute mark, as delegates began checking their phones.
It was a dramatic evolution from his first Republican National Convention eight years ago.

In 2016, a sizeable number of Republican activists gathered at the convention in Cleveland tried to take the nomination away from Trump because of his treatment of women, his racism, his history of cheating contractors in business, his uneven history on abortion and his open praise of dictators like Vladimir Putin.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-republican-takeover_n_66998a0ae4b047588a4b2aac

View attachment 28117
View attachment 28118

Fuck you singlemankenneth, just plain fuck you

I was looking for news coverage of the attempted assassination, but ended up watching about 10 minutes of his speech.

I heard him say that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people die each year from illegal immigration.

My first thought was "uh, no?"

Back