F.B.I. and I.R.S. Search Home of Senator Stevens

uscitizen

Villified User

Filed at 9:21 p.m. ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Federal agents searched the home of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens on Monday, focusing on records related to his relationship with an oil field services contractor jailed in a public corruption investigation, a law enforcement official said.

Stevens, 83, has been under a federal investigation for a 2000 renovation project more than doubling the size of his home in Girdwood that was overseen by Bill Allen, a contractor who has pleaded guilty to bribing Alaska state legislators.

Allen is founder of VECO Corp., an Alaska-based oil field services and engineering company that has reaped tens of millions of dollars in federal contracts.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Stevens-Investigation.html?ex=1186459200&en=2bd73ab0f6e1292c&ei=5065&partner=MYWAY

I nkow I should be concerned about the story an all, but doubling the size of ones home at age 83? Is that really necessary? I'd like to think I'd be downsizing at that age.

Jeez, just think how many republicans would be in jail, if Bush hadn't politicized DOJ to go soft on republicans, and be hardasses on Democrats.

A LOT more republicans in jail ;)

yeah they really thought there were no honest government officails left to catch them and went hog wild.

Filed at 9:21 p.m. ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Federal agents searched the home of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens on Monday, focusing on records related to his relationship with an oil field services contractor jailed in a public corruption investigation, a law enforcement official said.

Stevens, 83, has been under a federal investigation for a 2000 renovation project more than doubling the size of his home in Girdwood that was overseen by Bill Allen, a contractor who has pleaded guilty to bribing Alaska state legislators.

Allen is founder of VECO Corp., an Alaska-based oil field services and engineering company that has reaped tens of millions of dollars in federal contracts.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Stevens-Investigation.html?ex=1186459200&en=2bd73ab0f6e1292c&ei=5065&partner=MYWAY

I think we should just impeach him now. Even if he wasn't guilty we should impeach him. I hate the man.

Jeez, just think how many republicans would be in jail, if Bush hadn't politicized DOJ to go soft on republicans, and be hardasses on Democrats.

A LOT more republicans in jail ;)
Note that for some reason, the tables have been turned ---I'm puzzled.

I nkow I should be concerned about the story an all, but doubling the size of ones home at age 83? Is that really necessary? I'd like to think I'd be downsizing at that age.

I would think the same. I saw a picture of his house today, it didn't look all that big so it must have been pretty small to begin with.

Back