Facebook troll sent to jail

Doesn't jolly ole england allow free speech anymore?

Why am I surprised that a turd like you would make such a flippant remark!!

Duffy's worst abuse was aimed at public schoolgirl Natasha, who threw herself under a train hours after she was sent an abusive message by an anonymous bully on a social networking website called Formspring. She had also been teased by members of an all-girl clique at her £10,000-a-year school in the weeks leading up to her death.
Duffy's final target was Jordan Cooper, 14, from Washington, Newcastle Upon Tyne — who was stabbed to death by his uncle on February 28 this year.
Duffy created a group called "Jordan Cooper in pieces" with a further YouTube video containing pictures of his eyes crossed out and slashes across his face.
Duffy's lawyer Lance Whiteford said: "In terms of mitigation, there is none. I cannot imagine the trauma and anxiety caused to the families of these horrible, despicable offences.

definitions for the frog across the pond

Why am I surprised that a turd like you would make such a flippant remark!!

You need to check your definitions of troll vs. someone being a cyber bully.

Troll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[SUP][2][/SUP] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[SUP][3][/SUP] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[SUP][4][/SUP]

The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.
/

Cyber-bullying
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber-bullying
Cyber-bullying can be as simple as continuing to send e-mail to someone who has said they want no further contact with the sender, but it may also include threats, sexual remarks, pejorative labels (i.e., hate speech), ganging up on victims by making them the subject of ridicule in forums, and posting false statements as fact aimed at humiliation.

Cyber-bullies may disclose victims' personal data (e.g. real name, address, or workplace/schools) at websites or forums or may pose as the identity of a victim for the purpose of publishing material in their name that defames or ridicules them.

Some cyber-bullies may also send threatening and harassing emails and instant messages to the victims, while other post rumors or gossip and instigate others to dislike and gang up on the target.

Are you able to read the definitions and tell the difference?

In the interest of cataloging these despicable and horrendous internet crimes, which are beyond the pale, I shall post a few example here:

c709fb5c52e9008e_3.jpg

13ca827757506ff4_2.jpg

Back