Fact of the day

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Water is always in a bidirectional reaction that produces hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen flows off into space, leaving the oxygen all alone and unable to form more water. Therefore, given enough time, all the water on Earth will float off into space, leaving us completely dry.

However, the equilibrium constant for this reaction is extraordinarily large, so what I'm talking about would probably take forever and ever and ever. Never did the calculations because I don't care enough.

BTW, I'm reading my chemistry textbook's section on equilibrium constants.

Also, there won't be future facts of the day.

At 7PM yesterday I had a panic attack and decided that I wouldn't sleep until I had read the current chapters in my chemistry and microprocessors classes and done all of my homework. And here I am. I've been studying for 14 hours.

I once played euiii for about 30 hours straight, though.

At 7PM yesterday I had a panic attack and decided that I wouldn't sleep until I had read the current chapters in my chemistry and microprocessors classes and done all of my homework. And here I am. I've been studying for 14 hours.

I once played euiii for about 30 hours straight, though.
I did that with Morrowind once.

I was just reading this and the phrase eutectic mixture popped into my head. I haven't had to think about inorganic chemistry for a long time.

Yea it's been a long time since I did any basic science too. I onced created a self propagating ceramic synthesis reaction by calculating the eutectics of several pure oxides and nitrides and mixing them in those ratios. The reaction when you applied the initiating spark was impressive as hell and would not occur at all if you did not have a eutectic mixture. Unfortunately the reaction products had no practical value I could determine. Was neat to watch though.

Last edited:
WM, I disaprove of the last sentence of you OP.

You can't expect me to come up with these things everyday, otherwise I'd just be spitting stuff out of the book, rather than coming up with creative ways in which what I'm reading could plausibly result in the destruction of the world.

Did you know that as the equilibrium constant of O2 gets higher blah blah blah who cares.

Yea it's been a long time since I did any basic science too. I onced created a self propagating ceramic synthesis reaction by calculating the eutectics of several pure oxides and nitrides and mixing them in those ratios. The reaction when you applied the initiating spark was impressive as hell and would not occur at all if you did not have a eutectic mixture. Unfortunately the reaction products had no practical value I could determine. Was neat to watch though.

Yep, mott, you know more about chemistry than I do.

It could have been an unalloyed disaster!!

The other day I posted a link to Tom's wall that informed him of a plant that contained a certain key chemical necessary for the synthesis of a certain psychedelic drug. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the lulz.

The other day I posted a link to Tom's wall that informed him of a plant that contained a certain key chemical necessary for the synthesis of a certain psychedelic drug. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the lulz.

I have just seen it, there was a time long ago when you could get Morning Glory seeds that weren't dressed with mercury. I know some people who tried them but you needed a hell of a lot and they could give you one hell of a migraine. Lulz is a really weird word, surely it won't catch on?

Last edited:
WM, you could always branch off of armageddon, and talk about how a certain formula could conceivable stop you farting when you're suffering from gas, or at least fixes hiccups...

Back