Facts about Dix-meth

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Dixie in this universe is sort of like Azathoth in the Cthulhu mythos, an all powerful being kept in a stupor (in this case by meth, instead of dancing). If his supply of meth were ever interrupted, it could be assumed that we would have an end of the world scenario on our hands.

Last edited:

Not as lame as this:

1207022990471.gif

I had a really close friend in high school, his name was Randall. We hung out together all the time, skipped school together, I was with him the day Elvis died, he was like a brother. I drank my first beer at Randall's house, and I think I may have smoked my first joint with him as well. The guy was cooler than cool, funnier than funny, and one of the most popular in our class. After graduation, we lost track of each other for a while. It would be about 20 years before I saw him again. He didn't look the same at all, very frail and skinny, eyes were sunk back in his head, and he just didn't look healthy. We talked about the old times, although he had simply forgotten most of them, and as our conversation progressed, I realized why. Randall had developed a bit of a drug habit. At the time, he was taking pills... don't ask what kind, I can't recall, but he was quite a pill head. I remember when I left, I almost cried, thinking of how he had messed up his life so badly with pills... but the worst was yet to come.

Jump ahead another 12 years, my phone rings in the middle of the night, it's Randall. He is in jail and needs me to come bail him out, he didn't have anyone else to call. So, I go get him out of jail, and bring him back to my house. He tells me the story of how he got into trouble with these guys trying to rip him off, he was trying to buy some crystal meth. We had a really long talk, and I convinced him to check into rehab and get some help. He promised he would do that, but he just wanted to sleep for a while. I fixed the guest room for him, and put him to bed. Again that night, I cried as I went to sleep, thinking about how fucked up his life had become.

I woke the next morning to find Randall gone, along with several of my guns and some collector coins I kept in a drawer of the guest room. I couldn't believe he had ripped me off, of all people... it absolutely floored me. Two days later, his sister called me, they found Randall in an alley dead from drug overdose. Everyday of my life, I think about Randall, and wonder what I could have done differently to save him. I guess there was nothing I could have done, short of taking him straight to rehab that night, before he went to bed.

I wanted to share this story with the people on this forum, so that you understand why it bothers me to have someone accusing me of being addicted to crystal meth. I have pretty thick skin, I can take all the ribbing and joking about 1/3, or being a redneck...or whatever... doesn't bother me a bit. The meth thing is very personal, and it hits home. Watermark, I know you won't stop, because you realize it bothers me, so you will keep picking and trying to irritate me with it. But, it doesn't really irritate me, it hurts me. It brings back a lot of memories, and opens the wounds all over again. I don't know if you have the capacity to understand that, or if you even really care. I just thought you'd like to know why it bothers me so much.

That's pretty much the only Zelda I haven't played.

My favorite game of all-time, but certainly the most likely one to go un-played, seeing as how it was a GB and GBC release. Still, if you have a GBA, grab Link's Awakening DX online and play it at least once before you die. Its such an amazing experience - fun, challenging, haunting, and full of perspective.

It also profoundly effected the franchise: The farmer/daughter characters, the Ocarina, the fishing pond, the collection side-quest, etc.

Also, the Owl is in it, but he's not as annoying as he was in Ocarina of Time. Plus, his appearence in the world is better explained, as opposed to not being explained at all.

i remember shelling out lots of rupees for the raft ride. that was fun.

makes me miss my video gaming days.

i remember shelling out lots of rupees for the raft ride. that was fun.

makes me miss my video gaming days.

I realized that it depresses me to hit 999 rupees so early in the game, so I don't bother to play the Trendy Game for the funds to buy the Bow and stuff like that. Since I can kill the warping enemies in the Key Cavern without a projectile weapon, I can afford to wait a while on the Bow.

I had a really close friend in high school, his name was Randall. We hung out together all the time, skipped school together, I was with him the day Elvis died, he was like a brother. I drank my first beer at Randall's house, and I think I may have smoked my first joint with him as well. The guy was cooler than cool, funnier than funny, and one of the most popular in our class. After graduation, we lost track of each other for a while. It would be about 20 years before I saw him again. He didn't look the same at all, very frail and skinny, eyes were sunk back in his head, and he just didn't look healthy. We talked about the old times, although he had simply forgotten most of them, and as our conversation progressed, I realized why. Randall had developed a bit of a drug habit. At the time, he was taking pills... don't ask what kind, I can't recall, but he was quite a pill head. I remember when I left, I almost cried, thinking of how he had messed up his life so badly with pills... but the worst was yet to come.

Jump ahead another 12 years, my phone rings in the middle of the night, it's Randall. He is in jail and needs me to come bail him out, he didn't have anyone else to call. So, I go get him out of jail, and bring him back to my house. He tells me the story of how he got into trouble with these guys trying to rip him off, he was trying to buy some crystal meth. We had a really long talk, and I convinced him to check into rehab and get some help. He promised he would do that, but he just wanted to sleep for a while. I fixed the guest room for him, and put him to bed. Again that night, I cried as I went to sleep, thinking about how fucked up his life had become.

I woke the next morning to find Randall gone, along with several of my guns and some collector coins I kept in a drawer of the guest room. I couldn't believe he had ripped me off, of all people... it absolutely floored me. Two days later, his sister called me, they found Randall in an alley dead from drug overdose. Everyday of my life, I think about Randall, and wonder what I could have done differently to save him. I guess there was nothing I could have done, short of taking him straight to rehab that night, before he went to bed.

I wanted to share this story with the people on this forum, so that you understand why it bothers me to have someone accusing me of being addicted to crystal meth. I have pretty thick skin, I can take all the ribbing and joking about 1/3, or being a redneck...or whatever... doesn't bother me a bit. The meth thing is very personal, and it hits home. Watermark, I know you won't stop, because you realize it bothers me, so you will keep picking and trying to irritate me with it. But, it doesn't really irritate me, it hurts me. It brings back a lot of memories, and opens the wounds all over again. I don't know if you have the capacity to understand that, or if you even really care. I just thought you'd like to know why it bothers me so much.
I know what you mean Dixie. I had a friend go down that route. He could of had it all. He was bright, good looking, all the girls were crazy for him. He had good grades and could of gone to college. Instead he chose heroin. He ended up contracting HIV from a contaminated needle and died of AIDS. He was 25 when he died. What a waste.

Back