Family's 2 pit bulls kill infant in Nevada home

uscitizen

Villified User
Sep 13, 7:56 PM EDT

Family's 2 pit bulls kill infant in Nevada home

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A family's two pit bulls burst into the house from the backyard to attack a 4-month girl, mauling her to death even as her grandmother tried to escape with the baby into another room, police said.

The grandmother, who was baby-sitting at the time of the attack Friday, was hospitalized Saturday with non-life-threatening injuries.

The dogs apparently entered the house in North Las Vegas by bursting through a screen door and starting attacking the baby in her stroller, police said.

"They just went right for the little girl," North Las Vegas police Chief Joseph Forti told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The grandmother told authorities she tried to take the girl into another room, but the dogs forced their way in before she could close the door.

Police said the dogs were still acting aggressively when officers arrived. They shot and killed the pit bulls.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DOG_MAULING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Are dogs killing people really that high for pits ? Or do other dogs do it and not make the news ?

It seems that 90% of this kind of stuff I hear of is da pits though.

Are dogs killing people really that high for pits ? Or do other dogs do it and not make the news ?

It seems that 90% of this kind of stuff I hear of is da pits though.

Dog attacks reports are heavily dominated

By
Pit bulls
German Shepherds
Rottweilers.

These breeds are bred for aggression and killing power. It's not suprising.

Agreed that the breeds are bred for aggression.

But they are not the most likely to attack. Several of the smaller breeds win that distinction.

The difference is the ability of the larger dogs to cause severe damage.

German shepherds are not as dangerous. Their attack reflex is not as strong and their trainability and intelligence is much higher. If they seriously attack it is much more likely that they were trained to do so.

A pit, on the other hand, is much more attack oriented. And their jaw strength and tolerance for pain make the MUCH more dangerous when they do attack.

Agreed that the breeds are bred for aggression.

But they are not the most likely to attack. Several of the smaller breeds win that distinction.

The difference is the ability of the larger dogs to cause severe damage.

German shepherds are not as dangerous. Their attack reflex is not as strong and their trainability and intelligence is much higher. If they seriously attack it is much more likely that they were trained to do so.

A pit, on the other hand, is much more attack oriented. And their jaw strength and tolerance for pain make the MUCH more dangerous when they do attack.

But it just doesn't matter when chihuahuas attack, dufus. Stop being a little nitpicker, it's unbecoming.

Eat shit and die, fascist nutlicker.

At least when I die I will not be blaming someone else for everything that went wrong in my life.

At least I will not be blaming some vast conspiracy for my death.

And at least I will not die thinking that some master race of space aliens have been manipulating our history.

I have a great life. And I enjoy living it.

Back