Favorite Quotes Thread

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
[On ancient Athens]: In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again. - Edward Gibbon

oh great lets get another 5k post thread going where everyone posts quotes that they themselves find important but no one else will read because everyone likes to speak and not listen.

damopwned

[On ancient Athens]: In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again. - Edward Gibbon

What is this even referencing? Maybe the reforms in the 500's where it was forbidden to secure debts with the slavery of your family?

That was an utterly Orwellian move to me. How can there be freedom without slavery? Slavery is freedom.

oh great lets get another 5k post thread going where everyone posts quotes that they themselves find important but no one else will read because everyone likes to speak and not listen.

damopwned
My Favorite Quote;

"oh great lets get another 5k post thread going where everyone posts quotes that they themselves find important but no one else will read because everyone likes to speak and not listen."- - Grind

My Favorite Quote;

"oh great lets get another 5k post thread going where everyone posts quotes that they themselves find important but no one else will read because everyone likes to speak and not listen."- - Grind

Once again a profligate Ohioan trying to steal something that rightly belongs to glorious MI.

Back