Feel free to tell your boss to go f*ck herself

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Swearing at work 'boosts team spirit, morale'

Published: Wednesday October 17, 2007

Regular swearing at work can help boost team spirit among staff, allowing them to express better their feelings as well as develop social relationships, according to a study by researchers.

Yehuda Baruch, a professor of management at the University of East Anglia, and graduate Stuart Jenkins studied the use of profanity in the workplace and assessed its implications for managers.

They assessed that swearing would become more common as traditional taboos are broken down, but the key appeared to be knowing when such language was appropriate and when to turn to blind eye.

The pair said swearing in front of senior staff or customers should be seriously discouraged or banned, but in other circumstances it helped foster solidarity among employees and express frustration, stress or other feelings....

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Swearing_at_work_boosts_team_spirit_10172007.html

They changed, US. That happens. It's not good or bad. There was a time whenever "Fuck" just meant "To hit", after all. Making a word taboo has always seemed pretty silly to me.

Ahh I am just an old fart, but I think it is trashy to cuss in the normal course of conversation.

Kinda does away with the shock value of cussing if nothing else.

So what do we do now for emphasis on a point ?

that is what cussing was invented for, shock and emphasis value.

Just as it wasn't really shocking before. It goes back to where it came.

Kind of reminds me of the festival of Bacchus. In the beginning of the festival of Bacchus in ancient Greece, these guys who worshipped the god Dionysius would just be barbarians and get drunk and party. Later on, this evolved into theater, and became a major cultural event. Many great plays were made in this era. 1000 years later, theater has now disapeared, this festival is now known as "Mardi Gras"...

See? It all goes back to where it was.

Ahh I am just an old fart, but I think it is trashy to cuss in the normal course of conversation.

Kinda does away with the shock value of cussing if nothing else.

They did not say you should use it as every third word, but to express frustration.

They say that people who cuss just aren't smart enough to find anything else to say. That's not true. I can find plenty of other things to say, this is just the most effective way to say it.

my fucking receptionist made some damn shitty coffee this a.m. She needs a kick in the fucking ass.

Back