Fight Night

Timshel

My nephew getting gassed in his first fight. Good call ref. His opponent had more experience and support, obviously older and better conditioned. His opponent told him he almost tapped/passed out while in the choke but then found his way out. It's obvious he has some raw talent. My nephew smokes though and he needs a lot of cardio. He can't keep up with me on that much less some pro athlete still near his prime.

It's funny, I introduced him and his father to the sport. I use to put him in arm bars and chokes. He thought it was cheating because of that fake wrestling nonsense but I tried to bust that myth for him. When I brought him out to San Fran and we drove back, we stopped over in Arizona in the High Sierras. We got to wrestlinbg and he had some moves to show me.

I should get him down here, whip his ass into shape and send him to some classes.

He didn't do too bad. Needed to throw a lot more elbows though. And avoid the fuck out of haymakers in the 2nd round. WAY too slow.

Eh, not so much if you have the proper mindset. Back when I used to grapple I was very calm and meticulous about the whole thing. Saved energy and it helped me retain focus.
You lose focus in a New York minute if you don't have cardiovascular fitness. You had better hope you knock the guy out in the first few minutes or get him in a submission hold real fast or you're toast.

Back