Finally a Democrat with BALLS.

Jarod

Contributor
Finally someone callls the president out on his double speak!

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday phoned President Bush to air her complaints over Vice President Dick Cheney's comments that the Congressional Democrats' plan for Iraq would "validate the Al Qaeda strategy."

Pelosi, who said she could not reach the president, said Cheney's comments wrongly questioned critics' patriotism and ignored Bush's call for openness on Iraq strategy.

"You cannot say as the president of the United States, 'I welcome disagreement in a time of war,' and then have the vice president of the United States go out of the country and mischaracterize a position of the speaker of the House and in a manner that says that person in that position of authority is acting against the national security of our country," the speaker said.

The quarrel began in Tokyo, where Cheney used an interview to criticize Pelosi and Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., over their plan to place restrictions on Bush's request for an additional $93 billion for the Iraq war to make it difficult or impossible to send 21,500 extra troops to Iraq.

"I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we will do is validate the Al Qaeda strategy," the vice president told ABC News. "The Al Qaeda strategy is to break the will of the American people ... try to persuade us to throw in the towel and come home, and then they win because we quit."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253604,00.html

Finally someone callls the president out on his double speak!

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday phoned President Bush to air her complaints over Vice President Dick Cheney's comments that the Congressional Democrats' plan for Iraq would "validate the Al Qaeda strategy."

Pelosi, who said she could not reach the president, said Cheney's comments wrongly questioned critics' patriotism and ignored Bush's call for openness on Iraq strategy.

"You cannot say as the president of the United States, 'I welcome disagreement in a time of war,' and then have the vice president of the United States go out of the country and mischaracterize a position of the speaker of the House and in a manner that says that person in that position of authority is acting against the national security of our country," the speaker said.

The quarrel began in Tokyo, where Cheney used an interview to criticize Pelosi and Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., over their plan to place restrictions on Bush's request for an additional $93 billion for the Iraq war to make it difficult or impossible to send 21,500 extra troops to Iraq.

"I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we will do is validate the Al Qaeda strategy," the vice president told ABC News. "The Al Qaeda strategy is to break the will of the American people ... try to persuade us to throw in the towel and come home, and then they win because we quit."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253604,00.html

i don't know you can call it having 'balls' when cheney is right and she's not. balls would be her admitting cheney is correct (which he is) but saying that she thinks it's more improtant that we get out than to crush al queda.

i don't know you can call it having 'balls' when cheney is right and she's not. balls would be her admitting cheney is correct (which he is) but saying that she thinks it's more improtant that we get out than to crush al queda.

I am happy someone has called Bush out on his doublespeak, thats all. He says one thing then sends Cheney out to say the opposit. The Democrats have needed to speak up on this for years.

Cheney is WRONG BTW, he does not understand that AMerican is strong and one of the sources of our strength is that we can stand up to some debate, and we can admit when we were wrong!

the only person who truly validated Al Qaeda's strategy was Bush.

He invaded and occupied an arab country, without just cause. Bin Ladin has been trying to convince muslims for years, that the United States is an imperial power bent on domination of arab lands, arab oil, and the middle east.

When bush invaded iraq without just cause, he just succeeded in convincing tens of millions of muslims that Bin Ladin was right -- and as a result, Bush drove al qaeda's recruitment through the roof.

Facts are facts, Bush in his WRONG invasion of Iraq gave AQ a giant boost they would not have gotten had he not invaded.
Bush did exactly the worst thing he could have done if he wanted to actually hurt AQ.

he is correct when he says that witholding funding validates al queda (or terrorist) strategy. that is a no brainer. the real question is wheterh americans really feel the war on terror is worht fighting in Iraq. Many don't beleive it is, including nancy blowsi and john murky.

and what cheney said did not contradict shrub at all. his comment is merely a statement of disagreement with blowsi. she seesm to be the one who doesn't want any debate on the issue when she makes staemensts like that.

of course all that is true, but that doens't mean that cheney is wrong. he is absolutely correct that by throwing in the towel, the terrorist get a victory. blowsi and murky are recommending throwing in the towel in so many words. the question is whether it is more important to defeat them there and now, or to get out now.

there is no question that by underfunding the military that it sends a signal to the enemy that our will is just not there anymore.

It was OBL's wettest dream for us to invade a middle eastern nation based on faulty intellengence.

He tells his people thats what America is all about all the time.

Bush gave AQ a victory when he invaded Iraq. It is too late for anyone else to claim that victory.

of course war mismanagemne tgot us to th brink of failure, but that doesn't change the fact that checny's statement is absolutely correct.

he is correct when he says that witholding funding validates al queda (or terrorist) strategy. that is a no brainer. the real question is wheterh americans really feel the war on terror is worht fighting in Iraq. Many don't beleive it is, including nancy blowsi and john murky.

and what cheney said did not contradict shrub at all. his comment is merely a statement of disagreement with blowsi. she seesm to be the one who doesn't want any debate on the issue when she makes staemensts like that.
Au contraire. If he truly believes that then Cheney has forfeited all right to respect in Congress. Pelosi should call Shrub out on it: either muzzle his mutt or be revealed as a liar.

I think Al Qaeda and the Jihaddists love us being in Iraq.

The unjust invastion and occupation validated everything that OBL had been trying to convince his fellow muslims about american's intentions.

I think a phased withdrawl, combined with a transition to a support role and (hopefully) successful diplomacy with Iraq's regional neighbors is actually what Al Qaeda FEARS the most.

The unjust invastion and occupation validated everything that OBL had been trying to convince his fellow muslims about american's intentions.

I think a phased withdrawl, combined with a transition to a support role and (hopefully) successful diplomacy with Iraq's regional neighbors is actually what Al Qaeda FEARS the most.

sure; the 'support role' will mean permanent us bases in iraq. tey won't like that at all...but the withdrawl still give them bragging rights to 'victory' against the americans...which will encourage them to more violence world wide, as if they need mor encouragment based on their past history.

How Al Qaeda views a long Iraq war

A letter from Al Qaeda leaders found in Iraq shows that the group sees the war as a boon for its cause.

By Dan Murphy * Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

CAIRO – In appearances across the US, President Bush has been campaigning against withdrawing troops from Iraq, arguing that to leave now would hand a historic victory to Al Qaeda and inspire new generations of jihadists to attack the US.

But a letter that has been translated and released by the US military indicates that Al Qaeda itself sees the continued American presence in Iraq as a boon for the terror network, which has recently shown signs of expanding into the Palestinian territories and North Africa.

"The most important thing is that the jihad continues with steadfastness ... indeed, prolonging the war is in our interest," says the writer, who goes by the name Atiyah. The letter, released last week, was recovered in the rubble of the Iraqi house where Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, former leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, was killed by a US bomb in June.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1006/p01s04-woiq.html

Back