Finally I can Bake....!

Battleborne

Terminator
After all my years with the kids and grandkids telling me Hey Gramps ya are a mean cook but bake awful...well I stumbled into a position of authority on baking...

Yesterday after dinner the grandkids said whats for dessert?...Well I looked in the fridge and lo and behold I forgot to pick up a stock of dessert stuff...

Oh oh I said to myself must bluff my way through this one...so I looked in the cupboard and found the makings of a dessert...I proceeded knowing not what the hell I was doing...I took two cups of flour...added 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda,3/4 quarter cup brown sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla,1 egg, 3/4 quarter cup of whole milk and 4 tablespoons of cherry preserves(chunky)...mixed the hell out of this mix and placed it in a bread baking pan...6x10x3"deep...well buttered...threw this concoction in a pre-heated oven set at 375 degrees and let bake for 40 minutes ...the kids said what the hell is that?...I said 'Cherry bread'...they looked at me funny then gave it a go...the smiles came out and they said...damn gramps thats good!

ahh saved by the bell once again!

Well..............

Ill have to try it . I name it after you and call it fruity bread.

That would work as I have tried it with Bananas,peaches,and a few other fruit varieties...then again I did see this as sarcasm...so I may rename it 'Dash of caca' after you!:cof1:

After all my years with the kids and grandkids telling me Hey Gramps ya are a mean cook but bake awful...well I stumbled into a position of authority on baking...

Yesterday after dinner the grandkids said whats for dessert?...Well I looked in the fridge and lo and behold I forgot to pick up a stock of dessert stuff...

Oh oh I said to myself must bluff my way through this one...so I looked in the cupboard and found the makings of a dessert...I proceeded knowing not what the hell I was doing...I took two cups of flour...added 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda,3/4 quarter cup brown sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla,1 egg, 3/4 quarter cup of whole milk and 4 tablespoons of cherry preserves(chunky)...mixed the hell out of this mix and placed it in a bread baking pan...6x10x3"deep...well buttered...threw this concoction in a pre-heated oven set at 375 degrees and let bake for 40 minutes ...the kids said what the hell is that?...I said 'Cherry bread'...they looked at me funny then gave it a go...the smiles came out and they said...damn gramps thats good!

ahh saved by the bell once again!

Excellent. This is perfect for you. You are precisely the sort of man who should be kept barefoot and in the kitchen.
Now all we need to do is get Topper and Dano in there with you, and the discussion level around here should shoot right up!

Plus, Top has his lavender pantsuits, so when you and Dano are finished baking, Top can serve the rest of us. I like strawberry cobbler!

Naw.....

Excellent. This is perfect for you. You are precisely the sort of man who should be kept barefoot and in the kitchen.
Now all we need to do is get Topper and Dano in there with you, and the discussion level around here should shoot right up!

Plus, Top has his lavender pantsuits, so when you and Dano are finished baking, Top can serve the rest of us. I like strawberry cobbler!

I will bake you a prune bread cake...until you become more willing to compromise on social issues...ya really need to have your plumbing cleaned out!
:eek:

Back