Fitness guru Jack LaLanne dies at 96

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/01/23/obit.jack.lalanne/index.html?hpt=T2

250px-Jack_LaLanne_publicity_shot_1940s.jpg

Jack LaLanne in the 1940s

His success as a body-builder became known worldwide, as well as his prodigious feats of strength: for example at the age of 61 he swam the length of the Golden Gate Bridge 20 feet underwater handcuffed and shackled, towing a 2,000 pound boat (a world record). He won numerous awards, including the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. At age 89, he continued to work out every morning for two hours, one hour in the weight room and one hour in the pool. LaLanne and his wife of 50 years, Elaine (77), who herself was out of shape and a smoker when she met Jack during a local network news interview, lived in Morro Bay, California and traveled all over the world giving motivational talks about fitness and exercise.

He often said, "Death would ruin my image."

ignore grind, he is still pissy after the beating super freak gave him in werewolf

btw....the dude was sort of my neighbor, and our neighbor was his acquaintance.... so fuck you grind

Actually hats off and RIP to Lalanne. He helped poplurize resistence training, applied nutrition and the principles of exercise physiology. He was very much a pioneer in the field of strength and fitness training.

ignore grind, he is still pissy after the beating super freak gave him in werewolf

btw....the dude was sort of my neighbor, and our neighbor was his acquaintance.... so fuck you grind

hey man that loss isn't on me as far as I am concerned. I pretty much pegged all the wolves early on even before superfreak fake claimed, I was able to protect the right villager as the angel at night... I would like to see anyone else put up as much of a fight as I did. Even watermark has admitted he was more on my side but flaked because of thanks he was getting from captain billy. And if we didn't have an inactive seer the landscape likely would have been very different tied even if damocles didn't have his goat problems.

I am very happy with my game that round I honestly think it's one of the best rounds I've played so far, right up next to round V. It just didn't go my way. C'est la vie.

call the whambulance :)

hey man that loss isn't on me as far as I am concerned. I pretty much pegged all the wolves early on even before superfreak fake claimed, I was able to protect the right villager as the angel at night... I would like to see anyone else put up as much of a fight as I did. Even watermark has admitted he was more on my side but flaked because of thanks he was getting from captain billy. And if we didn't have an inactive seer the landscape likely would have been very different tied even if damocles didn't have his goat problems.

I am very happy with my game that round I honestly think it's one of the best rounds I've played so far, right up next to round V. It just didn't go my way. C'est la vie.

:lolup:

Actually hats off and RIP to Lalanne. He helped poplurize resistence training, applied nutrition and the principles of exercise physiology. He was very much a pioneer in the field of strength and fitness training.

Not to mention what he did for the popularity of those one piece jumpsuits.

Back