Fly the politically-correct skies

Legion

Oderint dum metuant

Willie Shields is a former USMC and FAA air traffic controller. He has experience at some of the nation's busiest control facilities.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the FAA Air Traffic Control Division has been down with the affirmative action program for a long time.

The PATCO controllers' strike during the summer of 1981 seemingly gave the "fire whitey" gang the opening they craved. There was one problem.

The air traffic system needed to get back up and running smoothly, and especially safely, so that Ronald Reagan's mass firing would look reasonable. So they quickly hired aviation-experienced people, including pilots and experienced military air traffic controllers. I was one of them. Granted, some of these well qualified new guys were black, but no one would look upon this new controller work force and call it a model of so-called diversity.

The big push for hiring other than pale males would have to wait. Safety first, as it were.

the FAA started conspiring, almost openly, with leftist groups like the Black and Hispanic Controller's Coalition. Gay and lesbian organizations started demanding hiring and promotion slots for their members – as if one's preference for a particular style of recreational sexual behavior is an indispensable predictor of air traffic control ability.

NATCA (the National Air Traffic Controllers' Association) replaced PATCO. I was one of their officers for a period. The new union gave wide latitude to the wacky leftist organizations.

The FAA "Biographical Questionnaire," exposed by Tucker Carlson Tonight has been known to me for some time. Knowing the FAA as I do, nothing about it surprises me. The entire exercise is designed to identify applicants who are white males for the purpose of eliminating them from consideration.

There are a lot of reasons to limit your flying to only the most necessary flights. The affirmative action angle is part of the problem.

http://archive.li/X8pC5

Update: racially-exclusive union lobbied for FAA test, helped members cheat

The National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees (NBCFAE) helped its members cheat on the examination to apply for a position as an air traffic controller, according to a Department of Transportation Office of Inspector General report .

During a teleconference, NBCFAE explained to members how to answer questions in the application for hiring air traffic controllers. “According to [redacted] the members told [redacted] some of the questions they posed were either taken from the… test or were questions they were told were on the test,” the report stated.

Witnesses told investigators that they were told what answers to mark in order to pass the test.

The NBCFAE previously lobbied for the biographical test in order to increase "diversity" among air traffic controllers. The test that was created as a result of these efforts resulted in penalizing individuals with aviation experience, aviation attorney Michael Pearson said.

The Office of Inspector General did not choose to pursue criminal charges against those who helped NBCFAE members cheat, despite cheating on a federal employment examination being a federal crime.

NBCFAE did not respond to a request for comment.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/13/black-union-lobbied-for-new-air-traffic-test/

Back