FN Five Seven - I want one...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
300px-FN5701.jpg

Damo, its a .22 bullet with half the case capacity of a .223. It was designed to penetrate armor, and since that particular type of ammo is not commercially available, its a glorified .22wmr. At 2x the price. So in that vein, check out the PMR 30.

Damo, its a .22 bullet with half the case capacity of a .223. It was designed to penetrate armor, and since that particular type of ammo is not commercially available, its a glorified .22wmr. At 2x the price. So in that vein, check out the PMR 30.
in what way is that ammo not commercially available?

how grind understood the above:

Damo, its a .22 bullet with half the dfslkjadf;lkdsfjfsd. It was designed to penetrate armor, and since that particular type of ammo is not commercially available, its a glorified fdslkjdsf;lkdfsj At 2x the price. So in that vein, check out the fdlkjdfs;ldsfkjdfs;lkdfj

billy you are like the professor of guns. You could probably host a tv show about guns or something. damn genius.

i'm not aware of a federal law that states that. are you referring to a state law? or just FN policy?

ATF policy and FN policy. There a big deal a few years back when they started making AK pistols, because the ATF said that 7.62x39 ammo would then be pistol ammo, and therefore armor piercing and ILLEGAL. And then there was a fuck ton of flak so now their 'rule' (as you and I know the ATF makes up and changes the rules to suit them) is that said pistol ammo must be purposely designed to penetrate armor. The FN ammo still satisfied that condition, but it's irrelevant since FN stated that they would not sell it to civilians anyways. Not that it matters much, since +P+ 9mm does the job better and CAN be handloaded and used in a multiplicity of guns.

ATF policy and FN policy. There a big deal a few years back when they started making AK pistols, because the ATF said that 7.62x39 ammo would then be pistol ammo, and therefore armor piercing and ILLEGAL. And then there was a fuck ton of flak so now their 'rule' (as you and I know the ATF makes up and changes the rules to suit them) is that said pistol ammo must be purposely designed to penetrate armor. The FN ammo still satisfied that condition, but it's irrelevant since FN stated that they would not sell it to civilians anyways. Not that it matters much, since +P+ 9mm does the job better and CAN be handloaded and used in a multiplicity of guns.
frickin hate the ATF.
that being said, all these years i've been against 9mm, now i'm changing my mind.

I know that it isn't available, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it or the reality of the effectiveness of the weapon.

There is a reason that it is carried by SEAL teams, and it isn't because it isn't effective.

Back