For ladyT and her war on Cats

uscitizen

Villified User
Bag the cat? Uh, promo might not be good idea

It might be a felony, animal advocates say.

By BILL VARIAN
Published February 20, 2007
ADVERTISEMENT
Weather Alerts
photo
[Times photos: Justin Cook]
Checkers asks people to send in bagged-cat shots and video.
photo
Breaking News Video

TAMPA - Participating in the latest marketing campaign from the folks at Checkers could get you charged with animal cruelty in the company's home county.

As part of its "Rap Cat" campaign, the Tampa operators of drive-through restaurants is asking its patrons to do just that - wrap their cats in one of their to-go bags. The company is providing paper bags fashioned after a basketball jersey, with a No. 15, a mock gold dollar-sign necklace and slots to cut out for the legs and tail of the cat. The head would stick out of the bag's opening.

"Instruxions" on the bag encourage customers to submit "pics/vids of your cat keepin' it real" to a promotional Web site.

"Caution" the bag reads. "Not all cats will be down with wearing this bag. Do not harm or endanger any cat."

The disclaimer is hardly good enough, say the folks at Hillsborough County Animal Services.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/20/Hillsborough/Bag_the_cat_Uh__promo.shtml

"Beyond that, Ryan said, forcing a cat into a paper bag could be considered "torment," meaning it could open people who participate to a felon animal cruelty charge."

oh my god... well I guess prisons will be over-run by the idiots that put their animals in clothing too....

The only thing wrong with this promotion is that the bags aren't plastic and they have openings. :burn:

LadyT you need to come up with a product made from cats, so you can get rich at the same time. That is the way the Neos do it, get rich off of those they hate.

002.gif

LadyT you need to come up with a product made from cats, so you can get rich at the same time. That is the way the Neos do it, get rich off of those they hate.

Good idea General. I'd do coats, but so many people are allergic to cats. I wonder if all the dander would be eliminated in the manufactoring process.
Maybe we can work on dispelling the myth that cats don't taste good.

Good idea General. I'd do coats, but so many people are allergic to cats. I wonder if all the dander would be eliminated in the manufactoring process.
Maybe we can work on dispelling the myth that cats don't taste good.

that was my thoughts on the taste. Perhaps Kitty Pate' ?
or hotcats, we know better than to read what is in a hotdog, so the same rule would apply to a hotcat ?

Maybe tax breaks for opening chinese restuarants within 500 ft of an animal shelter ?

Back