For Rstring Re: Tampa Bay

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
As I alluded too a few days ago, tampa bays lead was not in a lock. I said this month would be rough for you and that yankees/toronto weren't going to make it easy. The collapse has begun. 2.5 ahead as of tonight. This is from 5.5 a few days ago.

That is all.

bump cause after tonight they will be only 1.5 ahead in addition to having a series with sox monday.

sox dont have it easy either. they have 7 more games with toronto who suddenly are the hottest team in baseball and another set against the yankees and TB.

that wasn't my argument. but tampa is a young team, i think they are going to fold and the sox are going to get the division when the dust settles.

Yeah, they were really blowing it, but last night was big. This was the first win on the road for Boston vs TB this year. If we win tonight it will be huge. Hopefully, the bats will wake up. I was hoping Evan would be back by now.

Francona was out coached in this series.. last nights game for example:

1) Yet again goes to his veteran out of loyalty even tho timlins been sucking ass
2) pinch runs for lowel but with man on 3rd and big papi on first in bottom of 14th he keeps papi there.
3) has big papi throw down a bunt with the bases loaded? wtf
4) has coco, jd drew, casey all sitting on bench and uses a callup in a key chance to win it with bases loaded.

Sox should have won past 2 games.

Last edited:
Francona was out coached in this series.. last nights game for example:

1) Yet again goes to his veteran out of loyalty even tho timlins been sucking ass
2) pinch runs for lowel but with man on 3rd and big papi on first in bottom of 14th he keeps papi there.
3) has big papi throw down a bunt with the bases loaded? wtf
4) has coco, jd drew, casey all sitting on bench and uses a callup in a key chance to win it with bases loaded.

Sox should have won past 2 games.

I still think sox could have very well won it had Ellsbury been called safe when he actually was. The game would have been over right then in the 9th inning. BTW that was one of many bad calls against the sox last night.

Yeah, maybe the Rays were finally on the right side of some bad calls. The Pierzcinski (sp) Aybar interference call and the Upton attempted to go to second call had to be some of the worst calls in all of baseball this season.

they still down 1 in the loss column tho. Im actually hopping they get wc instead of division for selfish reasons. I have tix to first game at fenway so we are either talking Wed Oct 1st if they home or Saturday if they wc.. Sat sounds better.

Either way is fine with me.

Back