For the few Lost Fans left

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17174564/

"But there’s no question that “Lost,” once riding big ratings, buzz and cachet, has lost significant ground.

Some fans and critics complain that the story has gotten confusing and unsatisfying. The show, named best drama at the 2005 Emmy Awards, was shut out at the 2006 ceremony."

We've never watched the broadcasts, but a friend loaned us the first two seasons on DVD over the holidays. We sort of got hooked on it and will be looking forward to the next release on DVD. It's a lot more pleasant to watch them that way, commercial-free and sequentially without having to wait a week or a couple of months for the next installment.

My impression from the beginning was that there was a very slight "Twin Peaks" element in the show, possibly arising from the same source as TP (no great overall plan for the script). As it has progressed, that element has become more and more apparent, and certainly is causing some frustration among the show's faithful viewers.

Like everyone else, we couldn't help but speculate as to what might be going on with the various characters and the plot line; want to see in what respects we might be right. :)

Lady T... yes, but I don't do well with shows that start the season, then take 42 weeks off and then come back.... no patience for that. I'll just wait to watch the show all together when the DVD comes out. :)

Plus, I do think they are dragging out plot lines... which is not a good sign for the longevity of the show.

We've never watched the broadcasts, but a friend loaned us the first two seasons on DVD over the holidays. We sort of got hooked on it and will be looking forward to the next release on DVD. It's a lot more pleasant to watch them that way, commercial-free and sequentially without having to wait a week or a couple of months for the next installment.

My impression from the beginning was that there was a very slight "Twin Peaks" element in the show, possibly arising from the same source as TP (no great overall plan for the script). As it has progressed, that element has become more and more apparent, and certainly is causing some frustration among the show's faithful viewers.

Like everyone else, we couldn't help but speculate as to what might be going on with the various characters and the plot line; want to see in what respects we might be right. :)

I never watched twin peaks, but I've heard Lost compared to it on several occassions. I think watching it on DVD may be the way to go if I can even be bothered. They are really annoying me this season.

superfreak said:
yes, but I don't do well with shows that start the season, then take 42 weeks off and then come back.... no patience for that.

Seriously. Their "fall season" highly annoyed me. They started later than most shows to begin with and then only aired like 5 or 6 piss poor episodes that went nowhere. Last week was particularly annoying.

Back