For the love of salsa and sauces

I truly love salsa, nearly every kind. I also love sauces, such as a good white sauce over squid pasta. I'll start with one of my favorite salsas.

Comal - you must have a Comal to get the authentic flavor, you can try cast iron or something else, but for me this always tastes best with a Comal, maybe because that is they way I had it and learned it the first time.

5 Roma tomatoes
4 Jalapeños
1-2 clove of garlic
Salt to taste

Sear the skin black/ off of the tomatoes on the Comal, peel skin, put in ice water.

Same with Jalapeños,, but make sure the skin is really blackened and then put in zip lock bag for about 5 minutes and then take skin off, seed and gut the Jalapeños.

Put all in food processor, salt to taste, until semi smooth.

I think it is refreshing. Learned it from a lady from Costa Rica selling Comals.

Hatch salsa....we buy 25 pounds of the Hatch peppers when we can get them, roast, peel, seed, and freeze.
Our favorite!!
Next to Habenero Mango... and a fresh salsa just like you mentioned...and well...about any:)

1/2 pound fresh tomatillos, husked and chopped
1/2 pound serrano chili, seeded and chopped
1 pound Hatch green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 medium onions, diced
2 quarts water
1 T salt to taste
2-3 limes, fresh squeezed
DIRECTIONS
Put Everything except salt and lime juice, in a large kettle bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for doubt 45 minutes
Strain liquid and put solid ingredients in a blender with some of the strained liquid.
blend until smooth.
Add the lime juice and salt and blend for 30 seconds.
Chill for a couple of hours

shiracha

honey

equal ammounts

unsalted butter

warm and incorporate in a sauce pan

salt and pepper to taste

finish with lime juice

great wing sauce

or even just on white rice

I love a good Chimichurri Sauce

1 bunch cilantro leaves