For Tom

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
You seem to have this reoccurring hard on for American policies; but maybe you should spend more time in reviewing and making apologies for Britain's treatment of the indigenous populations of some of these following countries.

Countries that were ruled by the British Empire
Aden
Anguilla
Australia
Bahamas
Bahrain
Barbados
Basutoland
Bechuanaland
Bermuda
British East Africa
British Cameroons
British Guiana
British Honduras
British Somaliland
Brunei
Canada
Cayman Islands
Ceylon
Cook Islands
Cyprus
Falkland Islands
Fiji
Gambia
Gibraltar
Gold Coast
Grenada (Windward Islands)
Hong Kong
China
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Kuwait
Malaya
Maldive Islands
Malta
Mauritius
Montserrat
Newfoundland
New Zealand
Nigeria
North Borneo
Nyasaland
Papua New Guinea
Pitcairn Islands
Samoa
Rhodesia
Sarawak
St Helena, Ascension Isl. Tristan da Cunha
St Lucia
St Vincent
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
South Africa
South West Africa
Sudan
Tanganyika
Tonga
Trinidad
Trucial Oman
Turks and Caicos Islands
Uganda
Zanzibar.

If you are referring to bombing Japan with nuclear weapons, that was hardly a US internal matter, now was it? It was the opening curtain to the Cold War which affected everybody on the planet. I fail to see why you are getting so butthurt when all I am doing is pointing out that the vast majority of major political, military and scientific figures of the time were vehemently against their use on Japan. I am not saying that the Manhattan Project was wrong, however the intention was always to get a viable nuclear weapon before Germany.

If you are referring to bombing Japan with nuclear weapons, that was hardly a US internal matter, now was it? It was the opening curtain to the Cold War which affected everybody on the planet. I fail to see why you are getting so butthurt when all I am doing is pointing out that the vast majority of major political, military and scientific figures of the time were vehemently against their use on Japan. I am not saying that the Manhattan Project was wrong, however the intention was always to get a viable nuclear weapon before Germany.

I don't see why pointing out the past tyranny of GB and your reoccurring hard on for the US, is being butt hurt; but if that makes you feel better, you go right ahead with your feelings.

OH and that opening to the Cold War seems to have had the benefit of no more World Wars. :D

I noticed that you don't have the gumption to talk about the evils of the forgotten British Empire.

I don't see why pointing out the past tyranny of GB and your reoccurring hard on for the US, is being butt hurt; but if that makes you feel better, you go right ahead with your feelings.

OH and that opening to the Cold War seems to have had the benefit of no more World Wars. :D

I noticed that you don't have the gumption to talk about the evils of the forgotten British Empire.

I have done so on many occasions in the past, but I perceive what you are doing here as an attempt to 'head them off at the pass'. I will say one thing though, can you name any other empire that left so many functioning democracies behind? Frankly I can't think of one, certainly not the Spanish, Dutch, French, Portuguese, German, Belgian, Austro-Hungarian, Russian or Ottoman empires.

I have done so on many occasions in the past, but I perceive what you are doing here as an attempt to 'head them off at the pass'. I will say one thing though, can you name any other empire that left so many functioning democracies behind? Frankly I can't think of one, certainly not the Spanish, Dutch, French, Portuguese, German, Belgian, Austro-Hungarian, Russian or Ottoman empires.

No attempt at "heading them off at the pass"; because I started an entirely different thread to address the British atrocities.

Since you've decided to justify the British treatment of the inhabitants of all those countries, can the said be same for the fact of comparing Japan then to the Japan now?

Back