Found a cryovac corned beef from late march, is it still good?

Charoite

Verified User
I can't even find an exact answer and I think I should toss it. Noted that it's also a low sodium version. I doubt its corning process would hold it this long

I can't even find an exact answer and I think I should toss it. Noted that it's also a low sodium version. I doubt its corning process would hold it this long

not good after 3 months

After cooking, corned beef may be refrigerated for about 3 to 4 days and frozen for about 2 to 3 months for best quality.

Uh, ... go ahead and toss it. (isn't there something else to eat around the house?)

Was/is it frozen?

If so, you should be able to cook it and eat it or if it's already cooked, heat it and eat it.

If it's been refrigerated but sealed up in it's packaging, open it up and smell it.

If it doesn't smell bad, heat it to 165° and try it.

If it tastes good, it probably is good.

If it doesn't move on its own, or answer any of your questions in a human-like voice, it's probably OK to eat. Also, if it smells like a liberal lunatic who hasn't showered for a week, you MAY want to avoid eating it. Otherwise, I'd say the meat is good to go.

No, we have stocks of food, I just don't like wasting unless I have to.

I'd say it's still good unless it's turning white from freezer burn around the edges, or totally.
My grandfather was a butcher, and he said you can even refreeze some meats with no issues.

Back