Fox Network to Produce U.S. Version of Hit British Crime Drama Broadchurch

cancel2 2022

Canceled
It has been confirmed that former time lord David Tennant will appear in the forthcoming US remake of Broadchurch. Recently, the original British version of the show was broadcast on BBC America and it was that much of a hit, the show is set to be remade for US audiences on FOX, and David Tennant is involved!

On the original British version, Tennant played the main male lead of DI Alec Hardy and it is believed he will take up the equivalent main male role on the US remake. The British version was a hit with both UK and US audiences, so much so that the show has been recommissioned for a second run in the UK next year.

Read more: http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/...rried-stepping-toes-50th-anniversary-filming/

It has been confirmed that former time lord David Tennant will appear in the forthcoming US remake of Broadchurch. Recently, the original British version of the show was broadcast on BBC America and it was that much of a hit, the show is set to be remade for US audiences on FOX, and David Tennant is involved!

On the original British version, Tennant played the main male lead of DI Alec Hardy and it is believed he will take up the equivalent main male role on the US remake. The British version was a hit with both UK and US audiences, so much so that the show has been recommissioned for a second run in the UK next year.

Read more: http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/...rried-stepping-toes-50th-anniversary-filming/

I googled and it looks great. Didn't see the British version and I wonder why they have to remake it for us. Probably dumbing it down. :( I'll keep an eye on Netflix to see if it gets picked up.

well it just seems there is enough in real life

I dont find fake drama entertaining anymore

It feels like a waste.

comedy

Now that and music really entertains me

good info shows.

How to or about anything informing

well it just seems there is enough in real life

I dont find fake drama entertaining anymore

It feels like a waste.

comedy

Now that and music really entertains me

good info shows.

How to or about anything informing

I like British drama because it's more about thinking problems through, whereas American drama is just about who can kill the greatest number of people in the least amount of time, repeated on an endless loop.

Oh yeah the block buster movies now all make me fall asleep

they are all about setting up the premis for a really big battle full of the latest techno gagittry and explosions.

BORING

I never make it through them awake anymore

I googled and it looks great. Didn't see the British version and I wonder why they have to remake it for us. Probably dumbing it down. :( I'll keep an eye on Netflix to see if it gets picked up.

You should get to see the original as it was just brilliant, best damn thing on for a long time. The man behind it says he wants to make the US version even better.

English humor is hit or miss for me. I usually like it or not.

I imagine this will be the same.

EDIT: Oh, but its not English, it Americanized English . . .

Last edited:
English humor is hit or miss for me. I usually like it or not.

I imagine this will be the same.

Who said it was humour? Here is a review from IMDB that captures it wonderfully.

An enthusiastic reviewer, I started writing about this show when it started filming, speaking with great anticipation about the creator of the show's previous work and then the premise of his new show - a crime story, inherently tragic, focusing on grief, dark puzzles and a small community in which everyone knows everyone. I immediately thought of 'The Killing' and then, if it would give me the same feeling of despondency I seem to get, whenever watching shows like that.

Turns out I was both right and completely wrong. And I'll get to the emphatic 'yes!' for this show in a moment. The storyline, just like with most crime shows on TV is hardly original. Like many shows after decades of British TV shows with veteran actors, intriguing plots that too often feature a dark narrative devoid of hope or a happy ending (contrary to most American TV shows with a similar premise), this show share some of those traits as it depends on how the characters tell the story and the dark atmosphere surrounding murder and the secrets each character holds. But Broadchurch has all that without ever indulging in tragedy or hopelessness. And it does that with the subtlety and poise. No easy feat.

The acting and casting are flawless. The story feels real and unfolds with a steady, organic pace. David Tennant's nuanced take on the character, which could have easily been another self-important anti-hero with a troubled past, instead offsets Olivia Colman's character wonderfully. Her genuine, sincere approach to life creating inevitable friction, is a surprisingly fresh take on the traditional mismatched police partner or 'buddy cop' dynamics.

And then comes the beauty. Each shot framed like a painting featuring the stunning cliffs and beaches around the Dorset coast in all its rugged glory. Even interviews with suspects are photographed with elegance and an unexpected ethereal quality, using the blurred light and colors. The stunning landscape setting is used not just as a backdrop, but a powerful narrative, contrasting its vastness with the small stories of each one of the locals. The calm, reflective moments in each episode feature scenes without dialog, allowing you to absorb it all.

This is where the music comes in. Too often an afterthought, a necessary element to invoke emotion or underline the words, here the music becomes one of the main characters of the show. An understated yet stunning soundtrack by Ólafur Arnalds, featured prominently throughout the series. And what a revelation it is. Allowing you to watch Broadchurch both as a sophisticated detective story and as an evocative, elegant music video. And while concert halls featured the most talented composers in the past, sadly or thankfully, TV shows (possibly more than feature length films even), seem to be the perfect outlet for the most creative contemporary artists. Utopia, Breaking Bad and Battlestar Galactica come to mind.

You could say then, that it is Ólafur Arnalds' score who helps Broadchurch transcend the sadness and grief of the story told, but it wouldn't be fair to understate the stunning cinematography and art direction, subtle and powerful storytelling and production by Chris Chibnall. And with a cast that is able to portray the characters with depth and authenticity, it helps Broadchurch stand out from similar shows, deserving a review beyond simple comparison.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249364/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Last edited:
Never watched a serious British Crime drama. and frankly not into TV much anymore, but tis worth a shot.

America, Don't remake it, I like the British one! Remaking this would be like making a movie from a book!

America, Don't remake it, I like the British one! Remaking this would be like making a movie from a book!

[FONT=verdana,helvetica][SIZE=+1][SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode one. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode two. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode three. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode four.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode five.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode six.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode seven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Synopsis of episode eight.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/FONT]

Oh yeah the block buster movies now all make me fall asleep

they are all about setting up the premis for a really big battle full of the latest techno gagittry and explosions.

BORING

I never make it through them awake anymore

I know. You've seen one of those shows, you've seen them all.

Back