Fuck You Ford, I Hope You Go Bankrupt!!!

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I am so sick and tired of having parts on my 1994 Lincoln Continental break down, only to take it into a shop, and have the shop unable to order a part because the car is more than 5 years old and therefore Ford is too homosexual to sell the part anymore. FUCK YOU!

It wasn't so bad when the shop couldn't get new airbags to get the car off the ground, because an air suspension system is a retarded idea, and because converting it over to ordinary struts was cheaper anyway, but now they have gone too far. My driver-side window's rotator is broken, which happened while I was having my car Lubed, no less, and surprise, Ford doesn't sell a replacement rotator for it. So now, on Thursday, the guy at Goodyear has offered to do a conversion on the window so that it will stay up, but I have to locate a chop shop that has the proper rotator for sale before it can truly be fixed.

Down with Ford!!!

I expect they didn't plan on people who owned Lincoln Continentals to live long enough to order replacement parts......you know, all those life expectancy tables for people over 75 and all.......

3D is a 23 year old college kid. Give him a break. Just because he didn't go out and buy a new "cool" ride to try and impress people, ya'll want to give him a hard time?

Look around at all the people who screwed themselves financially by trying to impress other people. 3D bought transportation, and thats it.

Hang in there, 3D, and ignore the hostiles.

And both Ford I have owned were pieces of shit.

I'd say he's financially smart and ford is a dam good car. How many 94 models are out thier performing. The F150 is rock solid.

3 you have spinning rims on it?

I am so sick and tired of having parts on my 1994 Lincoln Continental break down, only to take it into a shop, and have the shop unable to order a part because the car is more than 5 years old and therefore Ford is too homosexual to sell the part anymore. FUCK YOU!

It wasn't so bad when the shop couldn't get new airbags to get the car off the ground, because an air suspension system is a retarded idea, and because converting it over to ordinary struts was cheaper anyway, but now they have gone too far. My driver-side window's rotator is broken, which happened while I was having my car Lubed, no less, and surprise, Ford doesn't sell a replacement rotator for it. So now, on Thursday, the guy at Goodyear has offered to do a conversion on the window so that it will stay up, but I have to locate a chop shop that has the proper rotator for sale before it can truly be fixed.

Down with Ford!!!

You'd get the exact same experience with most any car dealer, regardless of make. They don't fix stuff over five years old; they want to sell you a new car instead.

So you can do what I used to do, fix it yourself, or find a local mechanic who fixes old cars and pay him to do it.

The bad news is that you have a car with lots of stuff on it that doesn't fulfill the basic purpose that you need, which is going from point A to point B when you want to. You would be better off with an old fleet vehicle that with an old luxury car.

The good news is that you have the internet, and google, so you can find just about any part that you need and have it shipped to you. You can also go to used parts dealers, which these days are incredibly more organized than when I was in your position. Back in my day we had the yellow pages and the guys who answered the phone would call you an idiot for not knowing the exact technical term for the part that you needed, and "you pull it" junk yards with 6" deep greasy dirt.

Here's a link for window regulator parts. I used the search terms "power window parts 1994 lincoln":

http://www.google.com/products?q=po...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCYQrQQwAg

I also suggest that you get a Haynes manual for this car. They do a complete tear down with photos and instructions for the do-it-yourselfer. Even if you don't fix it yourself it will educate you as a consumer for repair services.

If you do fix things yourself then start investing in decent tools, including some good quality jack stands. I found that most tools pay for themselves the first time you use them and if they are quality tolls they will make the job easier and you'll have them for many years.

3D is a 23 year old college kid. Give him a break. Just because he didn't go out and buy a new "cool" ride to try and impress people, ya'll want to give him a hard time?

Look around at all the people who screwed themselves financially by trying to impress other people. 3D bought transportation, and thats it.

Because you don't buy trucks. That's about the only thing that they make that is worth it, and they make the best.

Down with Ford!!!

Go to Bryan's Automotive Repair on Martin Way. If you want to do the work yourself he'll order the part, or he will fix it for you. He's 84.00 an hour and is totally honest...He's Lacy's best kept secret.

I had a '77 Mustang Cobra II... piece of shit... DOA at 43k!
I had a '79 Pinto Station Wagon... not as bad of a POS... $500 trade-in at 65k!
I had a '84 Mercury Capri... POS... DOA at 75k!
I had a '86 Ford Ranger 4wd... Great little truck! 240k when I sold it!
I had a '86 Ford Tempo 4cyl... Great little car... bulletproof engine... DOA at 160k!
I had a '94 T-bird... another POS... DOA at 80k
I had a '98 Taurus... TOTAL POS... Never was alive enough to go DOA!

That's my experience with Fords. My Dad owned 3 Fords during my childhood and young adulthood, he swore by them. One of his trucks had over 300k miles on it, and still running! I guess it's like everything, there are good ones and bad ones.

Me and a buddy of mine used to laugh at how Ford would require a special tool to do some obscure once in a lifetime mechanical job, or like the Cobra's with the V8's, you had to lift the engine to get the rear spark plugs out... We would say... "Another one of Ford's Better Ideas!" (you have to be over 40 to get that one.)

Go to Bryan's Automotive Repair on Martin Way. If you want to do the work yourself he'll order the part, or he will fix it for you. He's 84.00 an hour and is totally honest...He's Lacy's best kept secret.

You think this guy could get ahold of the part I need?

:clink:

You think this guy could get ahold of the part I need?

:clink:

Just look online or in the Yellow Pages for a place that sells used parts. Some places will let you pull the part yourself for a discount, or they will do it for you.

Just did a google search of "pick-a-part Seattle Washington" I pulled up dozens of places to get what you need...

Oh, well, I've already ordered the part online, and Goodyear promised to install it if I could track it down. If I owned a '94 Town Car, I could have gotten the part for practically nothing, but unfortunately it was impossible to find a cheap one for the Continental...

Oh, well, I've already ordered the part online, and Goodyear promised to install it if I could track it down. If I owned a '94 Town Car, I could have gotten the part for practically nothing, but unfortunately it was impossible to find a cheap one for the Continental...

That's cool. Bryan really is top-notch; both with service and honesty. He still might be the best way to go even for installation.

it's good to have a mechanic you can trust....I've been using the same guy for decades....I recall I once brought a car in for an annual tune up....when I picked it up I asked what it needed.....he said, "nothing", everything checked out okay.....

Back